Motorcycle Mystique

I'll have to make sure my hubby reads this one. He loves motorcycles and we've had three since we were married. We no longer own them, but I know he's itching to have one some day once again.

We do have a photo of an Indian motorcycle hanging in our store. Not sure what the year is at the moment.

Did you know that my dad was also a motorcycle courier during the war? Now talk about adventure. Man, can I ever picture him riding that through the war-torn streets of Europe. I'm sure he was hell on wheels! :pdt12: Go daddy go.

That was one great story. I could picture your trek down the roads, feeling the exuberance of your youth and then everything going in sloooww motion as you spilled that German bike. :o Oh no!

I could feel your pain because I know exactly what that felt like. How you say? Well my neighbor Lou who lived across the street from us in Plymouth, had gotten a new motorcycle. He wanted to take me for a ride (I was about 17 at the time) and my mom was protesting. She didn't think it was a good idea. Lou's wife Chris and the rest of their family were at our house and said, oh come on. So off we went down the beautiful winding roads of Edward Hines Park. All was well until he went to turn down a gravel road that ran off the main park road. You know where this is going... Yup, we spilled. I had shorts on and a summer top. Ouch. We got up and after a moment or two began laughing. We both had some scratches and scrapes to knees and hands. Lou kept repeating, "Oh man, your mom is going to kill me. Are you sure you're all right?" Lou and I were in no hurry to get home. Mom WAS NOT PLEASED, but wasn't AS angry as we thought and hell we had a good time even with the wipe-out! :pdt12:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Motorcycle Mystique - by 3_7_I_Recon - 07-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Motorcycle Mystique - by Walt's Daughter - 07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Motorcycle Mystique - by texas38 - 07-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Motorcycle Mystique - by Walt's Daughter - 07-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Motorcycle Mystique - by Cadetat6 - 07-16-2005, 11:53 AM