Bologna's veteran Virgilio Burzi

Hi to all,

I am just back from holiday. One August afternoon with a friend I had the honor of meeting an elderly gentleman, who was born in Bologna. During the Second World War he enlisted in the U.S. Army.

Precisely in the 34th Infantry Division, 168th infantry regiment, 1st Battalion, C Company.

His name is Virgilio Burzi. I've noticed that does not appear in NARA.

In addition to stories really interesting, this gentleman showed me some pictures of his comrades that he no longer sees for many years. The last time he saw them at a gathering of veterans in the United States.

Having been to all intents and purposes a soldier of the U.S. Army, after a period in occupied Berlin, he arrived in America for leave and decorations.

Now I have a series of names, unfortunately I'm not sure of the correctness, because this gentleman remembered them in mind but did not have them written anywhere.

He would be very happy to get back in touch with those still living.

The only thing certain is that all were part of C Company.

Gilbert Hermann

Albert Guleo

Radwick

Zaickman

Thanks to all for the help!

Wow, this is weird. I looked at this topic yesterday and replied, and it wasn't there today! Doh, did I forget to hit post? Duh!

Anyway, let's see what we can find out for your friend. Would love to be able to help him.

And, welcome back. We've missed you.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thanks Marion, as always you are all very kind!

I've missed you too!

Mhhhhh.... I believe that the search did not bring results right?

Too bad, I would have loved to help Virgilio....

Thanks anyway!! :)