Maj O in Thailand

All,

Well, my next stop in my Spring 2013 Patrol will be to Thailand for Exercise Cobra Gold. This is an exercise that has been going on for decades between the Thais, the US and other countries. I won't be on shore maybe another week yet, but when I am, I will of course take tons of pictures. Also special about this trip is I signed up for a special tour when we do our port visit in Thailand after the exercise. I'M GOING TO VISIT THE ACTUAL BRIDGE ON THE RIVE KWAI!!! Someone told me about it and I jumped on the chance. Here is a web site I found about it:

http://www.bridgeriverkwai.com/

I am super stoked - even if it bears little resemblance to the movie bridge which was, in fact, made in Sri Lanka.I know you will be very interested in those pictures Marion!

Oh you bet I'm stoked too. We would also jump on that chance.

I know you and I and a handful of others realize that the movie didn't exactly portray the REAL bridge and the actual historical details, but it is what it is. :pdt12: Still a great movie which inspired a couple of generations. Can't wait to see the pics of that and more...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"