Happy to be with you !!!!

Hello, Marion, will you please edited the following sheets as my war souvenirs as a kid. (Marion's note: I am helping edit his letters, but just a bit. I think he does a darned good job!)

My older brother after his come back from Germany entered in the Underground Army, we were in 1943. But , I have another account to explain, a day, my mother give me the bag and ask I go to take two breads at the shop where we were repertoried, I take the breads and take the trail to return to our house, it was through a smal wood, ther I meet two kids of my age, asking to me to play , I answer Yes and we begin to play with small balls, a short moment after, one of the kid say, I must return home, OK ! no problem !

I continue to play with last boy, ten minutes after he says the same thing, and he run , I look to my bag with breads, it was disapeared, Oh, my God !!!!! I was afraid to return home, what to do ! just nothing, they had stolen my breads, I return to home and explain to my mother what happened, she was angry and give me a slap, there is also my father, we must wait for him, at his return I received a second slap, but a little bit harder, I was happy !!!!!!!

On May 11, 1944 in th emorning, my mother say, be ready, we must go to Liège to buy a shirt for your communion We take the tramway 61 going to Liège, we were sitting down and after ten minutes , we heard the alarm hooter we heard then the noise of airplanes very high in the blue sky, shining in the sun, we were out of the tramway, hidden in a house, with all the passengers, ten minutes after end of the alert, the tramway start again and stop after five minutes, my mother was afraid, she say, we return to home " near our house there are two big holes in the street, all the houses were wrecked, no more roof, windows, glasses, doors, the furniture broken, two of my brothers were in the when the american bombs are fallen, nobody was injured. Often , coming back from a mission on Germany, some Flying Fortress has aboard bombs not fallen, then the pilot had the order to let these bombs fall in the Channel before landing, it was too dangerous, our pilot was certainly in a hurry to be quite of the bombs, it was war !!!!!

The day after , the Red Cross arrive with a truck to take our few furniture and the truck take the road to Horion-Hozemont to the Castel of Lexhy, where we have been welcome by the Countess of Borghave d'Altena and her sister the Baronne Fallon. The Baroness had three children, a boy named Eric and two girls. with my younger brother we were admiring and happy to be there with a very big park, small lake and a farm with horses , it was the first time we seen all that , so beautiful things. We have began to play together with Eric, fishing, running in the park, what a discovery for us, poor boys of a worker.

To be continued To Marion Chard Must be edited on the forum, in the accounts Many Thanks

Stan Bellens Bigfoot

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Happy to be with you !!!! - by Bigfoot - 06-28-2005, 05:14 AM
Happy to be with you !!!! - by Walt's Daughter - 06-28-2005, 06:48 AM
Happy to be with you !!!! - by Walt's Daughter - 06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Happy to be with you !!!! - by Walt's Daughter - 06-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Happy to be with you !!!! - by Walt's Daughter - 06-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Happy to be with you !!!! - by Walt's Daughter - 07-02-2005, 11:35 PM