Victor's War - by Victor Delnore

The WWII letters of Lt.Col. Victor Delnore to his family, edited by his daughter Patricia Delnore Magee.

I could read parts at books.google.de, but unfortunately only parts, and not the (for me) most interesting days between 09 and 12 April 1945 when he took my hometown Lohmar. The pages online are very impressing and interesting, particulalrly with hindsight seeing the differences between his letters and real life in war.

I've tried to get the book in bookshops in Germany, but it isn't available anymore. Amazon.com still offers it, but for interesting prices - between 9.95 and 266 $, and for "normal" prices only "domestic delivery". If there is anybody who could buy it - used or new - and sell and send it to me for a reasonable price, I would be very grateful :icon_pray: : Please contact me! You should read it before forewarding it :pdt34:

Christoph

Christoph, I can look into this for you. I have done this for several of my European friends. Let me get back with you...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

What is your address please. You can send me a private message via the forum, if you wish. Found one for a great price of $9.95!!! Will let you know about the shipping costs before I proceed. Let me know right away.

Marion J Chard

Marion

THANK YOU! It arrived today! It's great!

:)Christoph :)

Oh you are SO welcome!!!! I was beginning to get worried. Pleasure working with you. Enjoy!

Marion J Chard