Have a chance to start my own radio show

Hey guys and gals, what do you think about this offer which just came my way this morning. I am seriously thinking about it. It would be a great way to reach out to everyone. And think of the audience. I was so pleased to see that many have listened to the archived interview. WOW! What a way to start my day. What am I always saying; you never know how your day will progress...

Hi Marion,

I thought about you the other day and wanted to run something by you. Monday the guest that I had on wanted to have his own show and I put him in touch with the CEO of the radio station. They are already working on the contract.

I think it would a great advantage for you to have your own talk radio show. You have had SO many listeners to the programs you were on and it continues to grow each day. You would reach so many and have much to discuss. You would air live once a week for an hour. And remember it's a global program. In the event that you could not be on the air a certain week, the station would run an encore or you could have someone fill in for you or help you run the show. You would own your own show and I think advertisers would jump to be on it. This could be huge for you. Toginet Radio currently has 4.5 million listeners which is one of the largest internet radio stations.

Something to think about. If you decide to check this out just contact John Martin who is the CEO and tell him you were on my show and would like some info. John is a great guy BTW - Office phone # is 903.881.5709.

Hope this finds you well.

Mary Beth Wells

http://toginet.com/shows/adoptionjourneytomotherhood

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

This discussion was part of another topic and I decided it should have a place of it's own. Todd had commented, so am copying his reply here:

Holy cow! That's cool! There's not limit to the amount of interesting WWII material to discuss. And I know you won't have a problem talking for an hour! ;)
Marion J Chard

:ladynews:

Well the nice thing is this; I have a whole slew of interesting guests I can have too, including you. Wouldn't it be wonderful to talk about your grandfather and the proud legacy you carry on? Think about it? I know you wouldn't have a problem filling some air space either! :theman:

Marion J Chard

Okay, we have to talk business!!!!

I just got off the phone with the producer and in order to air my show for a year, will cost me $8500.00. So I have to drum up donations/advertisers in order to make this a reality.

There are six one-minute slots for one-hour show, and the show would air 52 times per year.

I can get a few BIG companies to back me up, or several to cut down on their cost of advertising or many individuals to back me up to cover the costs.

I can wind up making money in the long run, but right now my goal is simply to pay my bills.

If anyone here has any connections with companies who might be interested, please let me know ASAP! This is greatly appreciated. I'd really like to take advantage of this opportunity, but there's no way I can do this by myself.

Thanks everyone!

Marion J Chard

Okay did some hard thinking last night and of course woke up this morning doing more of the same. I came up with an idea and just ran it by my husband....

I have the technology at my fingertips, and I'm web-savvy, so why not start my own radio station? Do it right here from my office. I have my own server, a quality microphone, etc. Why not? I can keep costs to a minimum and it's something I could do without immediately dishing out big bucks. I can find out if it's something I like, something which is feasible and there's no contract!

I sure do appreciate this wondrous offer, but this may not be in the stars right now, so I am going to explore all my options this weekend. See what software I need, etc.

So now I want to hear from all my friends; I simply need some answers. Would you listen for an hour a week, would some of you be interested in being on my show and being interviewed? Etc. Let me hear from you, it's very, very important. This is a two-way street and I need to know if I have your support. So what say you, can we make this work?

PLEASE drop me a line, post a reply here, etc. I need to hear from my readers (and future listeners).

Marion J Chard

Okay did some hard thinking last night and of course woke up this morning doing more of the same. I came up with an idea and just ran it by my husband....

I have the technology at my fingertips, and I'm web-savvy, so why not start my own radio station? Do it right here from my office. I have my own server, a quality microphone, etc. Why not? I can keep costs to a minimum and it's something I could do without immediately dishing out big bucks. I can find out if it's something I like, something which is feasible and there's no contract!

I sure do appreciate this wondrous offer, but this may not be in the stars right now, so I am going to explore all my options this weekend. See what software I need, etc.

So now I want to hear from all my friends; I simply need some answers. Would you listen for an hour a week, would some of you be interested in being on my show and being interviewed? Etc. Let me hear from you, it's very, very important. This is a two-way street and I need to know if I have your support. So what say you, can we make this work?

PLEASE drop me a line, post a reply here, etc. I need to hear from my readers (and future listeners).

Marion

Girl you go for it.for your work and time

with veterans,no one but you deserves this

chance. You'll do great.

Nastrubia- JIm Hennessey-87th Inf.Div.

Thanks Jim. It's very important for me to hear from people. I'm glad to receive your posting!!!

Hugs,

M1

Marion J Chard

I would certainly listen. Would be live or accessible by download? Being in Oki won't lend itself well to listening live!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Go for it Marion! It's the ultimate in publiscising yours and others WWII research and interest. I can think of no more dedicated person to take this on.

I'd love to do an item with you on Husky from the British point of view, if it takes off.

I hope it happens M1.

Colin. :waving:

Colin I would love nothing better than to do a segment with you. I already had that in my HEAD list. Yes, yes! And your British accent would sound so wonderful on the air. I'm kinda thinking ALL historians should have British accents. It just sounds so much better. I guess I will have to start working on mine. Oh Blimey!

:armata_PDT_01: :armata_PDT_01:

Todd, it would be live, but also each segment would be recorded and archived for later retrieval. The best of both worlds. I should say, that is what I'm aiming for at the moment.

I would like to thank both of you and Jim for your input. I need more input, please. Let me hear from all of you. This is very important to me. I only need a minute of your time.

I would also like to interview Major Todd. That would be an interesting hour as the grandson of a 540th Combat Engineer and currently serving Marine Major. What say you?

Smiles,

M1

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Military Authors Radio - Marion's Interview! Walt's Daughter 21 21,395 06-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Marion's Radio Interview Oct 2011 Walt's Daughter 12 12,152 10-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter