Vernon Snodgrass

Ms. Larson,

Thank you for contacting me. Unfortunatly, I am afrad you have the wrong Vernon Snodgrass. My grandfather had 2 brothers and 2 sisters, but neither were named Pauline.

Thank you again for your time, and best wishes on your geneology project.

K/R

Snod's Grandson

Vernon,no

My name is Patricia D. Towry Larson. My mother is Darlene Elaine Stoop Towry, she is the daughter of Pauline Snodgrass. Pauline Snodgrass is the sister to your grandfather Vernon Snodgrass. We ran across this information and this site, while working on a family tree that my daughter Sarah Elizabeth Larson got me started on. This venture has been very interesting. If you have any questions you can call us @ 6615373749.

Hmmm, interesting. You wouldn't think there'd be that many Snodgrass's out there. Not that common of a name... Especially Vernon Snodgrass.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I am so excited today... wanted to share that I just purchased an origional copy of "the book".

post-1416-0-28657500-1358967606_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   We the 48th.JPG (Size: 146.69 KB / Downloads: 0)

Wow, how cool. Did you get that on Ebay? For a friend of mine told me about an auction, and I wanted it so badly, but the price was way too high.

So happy for you. YEAH!

Marion J Chard

Basic Training
4th Platoon Co D. 64th INF. TNG. BN.
Camp Wolters, Texas

Vernon Snodgrass, Back Row - 5th from the Left (Glasses and a Big Smile)

post-1416-0-04738900-1389760325_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Camp Walthers TX.JPG (Size: 111.86 KB / Downloads: 0)

YEAH! Another great photo. Thanks so much.

Marion J Chard

Funny you should mention Camp (now Fort) Wolters. When I was a reservist in Ft. Worth our squadron, MWSS-471, went out there to do rifle qualification one weekend (around 1996 or 7). There wasn't much there, but I didn't know much of the history. All I was told that it was a hoppin' helicopter base in the 60s during Vietnam. Looking around online, I've found a lot of info on it:

http://www.fortwolters.com/Index.html

Here are two different booklets from my Alma Mater, University of North Texas:

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46564/m1/

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46565/m1/

I didn't realize so many troops passed through it during WWII. Wish I had known at the time.

nwolters.JPG

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Ah, but my dear friend, you do now, and that's what' so important. That's what I love about our forum, for it's continuing education on a daily basis. Thanks for enlightening me too.

Marion J Chard

There is a 1stLt. Frank B. Snodgrass and his picture is on Marion's website, any relation? It is a long shot but search for 160th and it is probably the last post. Glen Blasingim

Wow, I will ask him. I just saw that. The name is very uncommon, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were brothers or cousins. Let me look into it.

Very cool!

Marion J Chard