243rd engineers

My grandpa was with the 1010th treadway bridge company which as i understand is part of the 243rd combat engineer battalion. I have some limited info on his unit but was wondering if anyone has any sources they could share? Also just any info on treadway companies would be cool as well.I think they were a part of the 89th infantry.

Thank you

Chaase

Hi Chaase,

I'm not sure if you're still active on this or not but my grandfather was also in the 1010th Treadway Bridge Co and I am trying to research anything I possibly can...I know my grandpa's group called themselves "Malink's marauders"...I have no idea how many people are in a company or in that company in particular but I do have several pictures from a camera my grandpa had including one of his group he was with...I would guess only about 10 guys or so are in the picture...My grandpa's name is James (Jay) Riederer ... I'm working on getting information from the national archives regarding the 1010th, I would be happy to share whatever information I come up with. Let me know what your grandpa's name is and maybe out of some chance they were actually in the same group.

You can also reach Chaase by clicking on his user-name (if you're logged in), and sending him a private message. This way, if he hasn't visited the forum in a while, he will be alerted by your email. :pdt12: I hope the two of you get in touch.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  243rd Engineers Walt's Daughter 18 721,092 07-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 587,040 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter