Get well "Bill on the Hill"

Thoughts and prayers go out to Bill on the Hill, once of our very own forum WWII vets!

I did not know Bill was hospitalized until I read it in one of his emails to me this morning. We were discussing CIB's and he said.

I just got back from 40 days in hospital and rehab after open heart surgery...
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hope he gets well soon!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Here's the latest report from our WWII buddy~

Relatives and Friends...

At 5:30 p.m, today I will have been home from the Hospital and rehab for two weeks. This is the first time that I have been to my office on the second floor of a separate building. I have typed detailed messages to send to all of you three times, and I have lost them each time just before clicking on Send. I

also tried about eight more times, but afterr one or two sentences I game up...this was on my mini computer in my bedroom. I also had a difficult time sending messages from that mini computer. This was driiving me crazy, and that's the reason that you haven't heard from me. Sorry 'bout that.

I went into the Loma Linda Hosptal at 5:00 a.m. on August 29, and had open heart surgery that day. I didn't even know that I had the surgery until late the next day.

After several days, I was transferred to the nearby Heritage Gardens rehab center. When I had a doctor's appointment a week and a half later I was readmitted to the hospital to get my heart beating properly. They got that taken care of and some time later I went back to rehab.

I'm home, feeling good, no pain at any tme and getting stronger every day. I have a nurse and a physical therapist checking on me a couple times week. They are

both pleased with my progress.

When I opened my mini compter two days after I got home, I had 1661 incoming email messages. Each day I am receivng drom 35 to 50 incoming messges...disfficult to stay ahead of them. I could remove them all at once, but I am checking all of them, and reading those from the contacts in my incoming email list. Eventually I will respond to those if necessary. However, I have not been able to downlolad or upload the first half of the incoming messages. I may be able to later.

Best wishes to all.

--Ole Bill on the Hill

Marion J Chard

I just had to share this with you. Oh my, my get-well card went on a little unexpected journey. :P:zelda: :zelda:

Hi Marion...Many thanks for the unique Get Well Card. Dee, my wife, couldn't say enough good about it. She, like I, really thought it was (is) great.

Interestingly, it got delayed a couple of days. You put "Bill on the Hill" over my name and address on the envelope. Our only close neighbors live directly across the road from us, and their last name is Hill. Our mail boxes are mile from here, and it was delivered to the Hills' mailbox. We live more or less at the "end of the line" with very few nearby neighbors. We and the Hills, altho directly across the road from each other can't see each others houses because of the literal hills and greenery in front of our respective houses.

Thanx again. Have a good one! --Bill, still on the Hill

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Bill Jasper - 87th Inf Div Walt's Daughter 1 3,252 01-15-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  Farewell William (Bill) Tingen - 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 4 5,177 02-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell Bill Douglass - 1301st Engineer Walt's Daughter 3 4,249 03-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Last Post: mikel
  Farewell - Orville "Bill" Munson - 48th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 0 2,178 06-15-2012, 12:23 AM
  Bill Douglass in hospital - 1301st engineer Walt's Daughter 5 6,220 12-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Last Post: colinhotham
  Farewell Bill Searles - 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 0 2,348 12-30-2007, 02:32 AM
  Bill DeSpain passes away 36th CE Walt's Daughter 0 2,555 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
  Get well wishes to Bill DeSpain Walt's Daughter 1 2,944 04-14-2006, 08:55 AM
  Bill Butler has passed on - 48th CE Walt's Daughter 1 117,995 05-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Irishmaam