Dear US Army

Dear United States Army:

My husband asked me to write a recommend that he supports his family. He cannot read, so don't tell him. Just take him. He ain't no good to me. He ain't done nothing but raise hell and drink lemon essence since I married him eight years ago, and I got to feed seven kids of his. Maybe you can get him to carry a gun. He's good on squirrels and eating. Take him and welcome. I need the grub and his bed for the kids. Don't tell him this, but just take him.

~ Anonymous, hand-delivered in 1943 by an Arkansas man to his draft board

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Ain't love a splendid thing? I bet my wife would write a letter like that if i asked her nicely :lol:

That's okayBader---- We know better. Also you are still a captain in our books.

Wonder what the requirements are to get Papa Art (cadetat6) back in the service. His two daughters would love to ditch him somewhere. They say his keeping late hours, drinking, and carousing with shady women, has them at their wits end. Ive tried my best to turn him around, but he needs a much stronger discipline.

Maybe other readers can forward their viewpoints. We, his friends, would be most grateful.

Now watch him wiggle out of this. He has been known to shade the truth on numerous occaisions. Also; the Service should have very little trouble, if any, molding him to their way of doing things, since he is, as we suspect, well into his second childhood. I just hope that if they do accept him, they keep him out of airplanes. He has been known to land on the wrong Freewa--- I mean runway.

I can see Papa Art about to add his 2 cents. this oughta be good

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Dear Mom..." afc7883 6 6,039 06-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter