Passing through again.

We still aren't settled in. If you are playing along, we've been in military limbo since the first week of June.

Since then, we've been in spare rooms, TLFs, Hotels, Space Camp, Boy Scout Camp, more hotel rooms, BOQ, and for the past 6 weeks an extended stay hotel.

Phew.

Our name FINALLY came up on the housing list, as everyone above us couldn't wait any longer for a home and took leases on rentals so they could register their kids for school. (I home school Mr. Brainy.) So we were able to go the hotel route.

I can't say it's been fun, but it hasn't been horrible either.

The DOWNSIDE is that it's not the house we are SUPPOSED to be in. They had a student's house on post come open, so they assigned us that. We are supposed to be in permanant member housing, which is MUCH larger, almost 2200 sq ft. The student house is set up as all temp. housing. It is small, only 1400 sq ft, and is set up in a very NON friendly arrangement. BUT as soon as we sign the lease on post for it, our name goes back on the list of those who are HERE waiting for a permanant house. Since all those ahead of us on the list are in one year leases, we have a good chance of being in our big house by Easter. I hope. We meet the movers at the house on the 16th.

Now I get to figure out how to get 2000 sq ft of house into 1400 sq ft house.

Semper Gumby eh?

===========

I've not gotten much further on the 280th site. More and more members have passed, with only a couple stepping forward to share their stories. It breaks my heart to loose the stories. :(

I've also got a tribute watercolor for ECBs in the works. It's in my head, but I'm having trouble getting it to paper. I can SEE it, but I can't.

Heading back to the boards to read. :)

If you're anything like me, I DON'T mind change, but I hate being in LIMBO! That's my downfall. That in between stuff...

Doesn't sound like fun to me, but glad to know you are getting there; EVENTUALLY! :P

When we moved to Alger, we scaled down from a two-story house in Detroit with basement, two-car garage, two walk-in closets and a spacious cedar closet, to a house containing 600 square feet, NO closets, one bedroom, no basement, no garage... Oh my God! Talk about scaling down. I now consider myself the scale down queen. :P :P

Since then we have built onto the house and we now have several closets. No garage yet, but we now have two sheds; his and hers.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"