148th ENGINEERS

I am a new member to this site. I am looking for information anyone can share regarding my Dad's battalion, the 148th Engineer Combat Battalion. Especially interested in his experience during the building of the Hodges Bridge, if anyone has a personnel list of the 148th, memories about my father, Herman Guido (deceased), or any information you'd be willing to share. A couple of links are provided on this site, however, one of them about Lawrence Page has an inactive domain now. I have several photos, one of which is attached showing my father standing at the sign of the completed Hodges Bridge. I understand the 148th received a Presidential Citation for the building of the bridge, however, I do not have any of his medals or awards. Thank you! --Toni Guido Johnson

post-1329-0-89986700-1313679398_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Herman Guido - WWII Hodges Bridge.jpg (Size: 360.34 KB / Downloads: 0)

Hi Toni:

Well had a bit of time now (sent you a note earlier today)...

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/LawrencePage.htm

I am going through all the links our search engine brought up this morning and noticed there are still some referrals to our old server. I am changing them right now...

I have added you to the 148th Email Mailing list and will send out a letter this morning, introducing you to the gang, including veteran, Les Cohen.

You may want to visit the Photo Gallery too, in case you haven't already.

Warmly,

Marion

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

In your letter to me, you made reference to rlhenry.net and yes, it looks like they let the site go, for the domain has expired. Sorry!

Marion J Chard

I just got back from the 284th's reunion and I found these photos of a 148th bridge in one of their photo albums.

post-1660-0-88152900-1415655014_thumb.jpg

post-1660-0-14608400-1415655019_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   148th.jpg (Size: 400.38 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   148th2.jpg (Size: 374.55 KB / Downloads: 0)

Super!

Marion J Chard

How was the reunion?

Marion J Chard

I don't know how to reply to Tony G. Johnson but my father was an officer (Captain) of the 148th when they built the Hodges Bridge in March 1945 -- so I would like to send Tony some information from a biography of my father and his war years. Marion, can you or someone tell me how to send this directly or contact this person? Or anybody of the 148th can write me directly at my email, which is teacherlady0409@yahoo.com I am the daughter of Richard Bishop Thompson, Captain of the 148th. -Debbie Thompson Yarrow

You can simply click on her USERNAME in her post and get in touch with her directly. Let me know if you get through.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  148th Engineer Combat Regiment Walt's Daughter 2 275,882 01-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter