The Skadi Forum

"Skadi Forum : Discussion Board for Germanics."

I was doing some research the other day trying to help someone

with their father's WW II service when I ran across the Skadi Forum.

I had heard about it but was not aware that it is growing and is so

wide spread across the world. Those that are interested in what

might happen in the future should follow it's course.

What really frosted me was that the practically were deifying

Joachim Peiper SS-Standartenführer the officer in charge at

The Malmedy massacre and other murders. Read their philosophy

about Malmedy and the excuses for that massacre sickened me.

I remember all too well how often this was offered as an excuse

for being a Nazi and having taken part in atrocities.

Working as an interpreter/interrogator post war the standard

response we were given ad nausea was "I was only following

orders etc".

This site switches the burden of the Malmedy massacre

from Peipers group to the GIs they killed. Many of the participants

insist that the GIs they killed caused their own deaths and the

shooters were only doing their duty.

I would love to have some of you that have served or put practically your

whole life into helping the service prople will read and comment.

I'm not sure this quote is accurate but as I recall it "It is said that

those who ignore history are bound to repeat it"

It's unfortunate, but these people are no different than those who say George Bush caused 9-11, or the Jews brought the holocaust upon themselves, or even worse yet, there was no holocaust.

I say, ignore them for they you cannot turn an oak tree into a maple tree; get my drift.

It's sad, but this kind of thing will always be with us. The best thing we can do is pass our knowledge to people through forums and sites like ours, and make sure the truth is easily accessible.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I have always been disturbed by the way the post war tribunals were concluded, allowing a great many SS men who were guilty of war crimes to get off with light prison sentences or even worse...no punishment at all. Worse yet....to be employed by the governments of the USA and Britain in counter espionage with the Soviet Union. The same policies that also protected Japanese war criminals. I have heard the excuse used that "the world was just ready to be done with war and killing" and others. I'm glad I heard about these things when I was an adult,and not while I was still a young boy, because it made me ashamed of the Americans who made these decisions in the post war USA and tarnished the image I had held of an America that always did the right thing when it came to justice.

I am a big fan of the late Simon Wiesenthal and the persons who have carried on his work hunting down Nazi War Criminals despite the fact that any who remain are now in their eighties and nineties.

This is another example of Mind numbing Stupidity: A few days ago I ran an ad in the local paper about a used refrigerator I had for sale. The woman who bought it was very nice and paid for it immediately. She told me she would send a man out Monday (today)to pick it up, which she did. The guy she sent out here was one of those complete idiots who will tell you that the Holocaust was a big lie that was perpetrated by "Hollywood Jews." As much as he pissed me off I knew that it was pointless arguing with him any longer so I told him he was entitled to his own opinion (several times!)and left it at that, even though I was contemplating smackin' him upside his head! People like that are so ignorant...That kind of 'Free Speech I can do without! :pdt33:

My husband was recently re-introduced to a friend whom he has lost contact with (over 30 years). Well guess what? He's one of those conspiracy wackos. I just shook my head. Oy Vey!

Marion J Chard

My husband was recently re-introduced to a friend whom he has lost contact with (over 30 years). Well guess what? He's one of those conspiracy wackos. I just shook my head. Oy Vey!

I didn't mention this in my initial post, but when I was just a kid my Dad had a friend from work at Greyhound who also believed this. He was, aside from that oddball position.. a very nice person who remained a close friend to my parents until his death 10 years ago. Neither of my parents were that way and they used to laugh about it. I guess it does "take all kinds".

Yes it certainly does, and owning a store I sure get my share too. :P :P

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question to Rocky , sgtleo and all the veterans forum of Marion sixgun 2 3,462 03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Last Post: TopSgt
  US WWII Armor Forum Big Pete 0 2,228 04-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Big Pete