Anti-gay church's right to protest is upheld

Anti-gay church's right to protest at military funerals is upheld

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/02/scotus.westboro.church/index.html?hpt=T2

I too don't understand the supreme court's ruling. Yeah people we do have freedom of speech, but that speech CANNOT infringe upon the rights of others. This is an unfortunate turn-of-events and a disgusting interpretation of our constitution.

I totally agree. It makes me SO angry that I see flames.

How someone could even begin to think that behaviour like that belongs at a funeral of anyone is beyond my comprehension. It's stressful enough without having these idiots show up, or threaten to show up. Even with the patriot gaurd keeping them far away, mourner's know the "church" is there. It infringes on the mourner's right for peaceful assembly on private property. OC towns could deny them a permit to assemble/display on public property along the route, and traffic obstruction, or public nuicense (blew that spelling), but no one wants to get dragged into court with these people. They always win, and then turn around and use the money to protest MORE.

Messages In This Thread
Anti-gay church's right to protest is upheld - by Caryl-280ECB - 03-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Anti-gay church's right to protest is upheld - by Caryl-280ECB - 03-05-2011, 11:42 AM