Vosges windfarm project halted

The letter below arrived in my inbox this morning, and was sent in response to a windfarm project which was scheduled to be built in the Vosges on an historic WWII site. He wrote to say that with the help of so many, including myself, this project has been halted. Read on...

Dear Friends,

This morning, the city council of La Houssière has abandoned the continuation of the windfarm project.

They have done so unanimously.

They explained that, seen the opposition of the local population (90% opposed), it made no sense to continue.

I have also received information, form a very reliable source, that there has been a lot of pressure on the Mayor lately “from above” to abandon the project because of all the reactions they have received form the United States; from you!

Of course, nobody really wants to admit this publicly for political reasons, but it is very clear that your massive reaction pushed the balance in our favour.

So once again, you have saved these beautiful mountains and this important and historic site.

We thank you once again, with all our hearts for all the effort, time, trust and perseverance you have shown.

We will now inform everyone involved and do our utmost best to get the “Borne 6 site” officially declared as a historic site.

In that way we hope to protect and preserve the site against all future menace.

We will do this by supporting and helping the local “Borne 6 association” in Biffontaine.

Michael Higgins and I have already shared some first ideas about how this could be done.

It’s clear that this will take a lot of time. But there is no pressure any more, the site is save for the time being!

We will certainly keep you informed about the developments.

Once again, many, many thanks for your all your support form your friends in the Vosges!

Your sincerely,

Kothar

Drs. K. Terleth / President

Association "Défense de l’Environnement dans le département des Vosges"

511, Chemin de Bois de Champ

88100 Taintrux

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rescued Film Project Walt's Daughter 3 4,251 02-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Illinois WWII Classroom Project Walt's Daughter 4 4,922 04-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  60th Infantry Regiment Memorial project Walt's Daughter 0 2,136 10-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  school project - I am so honored Walt's Daughter 0 49,840 04-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter