The latest including news about my father

Thanks everyone. It sure was yet another surprise in a long line of events which have occurred since I began my research. I keep telling everyone out there,"You never know what will happen next; don't give up!" I am living proof.

I also learned that my family was quite musical. My grandparents had a piano and both would play. They loved to dance too, and that is where my dad got his love of music and dance.

My parents met at The Graystone, and my dad won her heart on a bet. :heartpump: They had actually had their eyes on each other for some time. So as this evening began, they kept watch as they made their way across the polished wooden floor, while they danced with various partners. My mom was hoping he would ask her to dance, and trust me; she was very picky, often turning down the numerous offers she received.

My father and several of his buddies were standing off to one side, and he confidently stated, " She is going to dance with me." His buddies laughed and wished him good luck, for they knew how many had gone down before him. So before sending him on his way, they pulled money out of their pants pockets and bets went around...

Well I guess the outcome is evident, for I here I am!

Here's a slide show of The Graystone in all her glory. Wished I could have danced within her beautiful architecture.

goldk24largest.jpg

m-duke4x.jpg

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
The latest including news about my father - by Walt's Daughter - 02-14-2011, 10:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally wrote a bio for my father... Walt's Daughter 8 8,397 11-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Putting members together - Happy Father's Day! Walt's Daughter 0 4,018 06-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter