Hello - 608th Engineer Light Equipment Co

I do know the exact location for that bridge and in fact my WWII buddy Mr. Purcell made a surprise visit to my house this afternoon and I went through and showed him the locations of some of the other bridges he built with the 157th. He was amazed that I could show him aerial shots and street shots (from maps.google.com). I showed him photographs from their bridge building during the war with buildings in the background and then showed the same buildings from current google maps and street shots. He loved it!

As far as the Pascal Bridge, i did have the location of that one and there are some nice shots of the newly constructed bridge that was put up right where the previous one had been blown. The bad part is I am in the middle of organizing all of my data so that is one I could not find this afternoon. I will look for it again tonight and post the location, i know it will not take too long to find.

Marion,

If that is Clementine you are talking to, i may have photos of some cranes and pile-drivers from her dad's outfit. I tried to log onto the forum you posted about earlier where Clementine had the postings about her dad, but it would not let me log in or email me the confirmation information when i signed up.

Stay tuned!

Messages In This Thread
Hello - 608th Engineer Light Equipment Co - by Clementine - 12-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Hello - 608th Engineer Light Equipment Co - by brian m - 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  631 Engineer Light Equipment Co rennog 2 154,750 01-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter