Bypass to Berlin 235th Engineers

Look at what Dogdaddy sent me. When I came back from my WWII 36th Engineer reunion trip, I found this sitting on my desk waiting to be opened. Oh how fun. Dang, you find the coolest of items.

I have already scanned it and sent it to my boys in the 235th. LOVE IT!

One of the war's few brief respites of joy. I'm sure the men had fun putting this together for the men of the battalion. Those moments were fleeting...

Thanks Dogdaddy. Once again you have come through with flying colors. :armata_PDT_37:

Bypass_to_Berlin__235th_August_1944_001.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Bypass_to_Berlin__235th_August_1944_001.pdf (Size: 1.5 MB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Wouldn't it be great to have a video of that, huh? We've all seen the big production movies. To be able to see the troops doing a show, however, would be great. Rocky, did you ever get out of the line to sing tenor? :) Somehow, I can predict your answer!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

I try and picture the entire thing in my head. Can see the GI's packed inside sitting on benches and laughing their asses off. :pdt12: A night of frivolity. Oh to be able to see that today. It would be worth millions to many of us.

I will enjoy the images in my head until (when and if) that ever occurs.

:pdt20:

Marion J Chard

Look at what Dogdaddy sent me. When I came back from my WWII 36th Engineer reunion trip, I found this sitting on my desk waiting to be opened. Oh how fun. Dang, you find the coolest of items.

I have already scanned it and sent it to my boys in the 235th. LOVE IT!

One of the war's few brief respites of joy. I'm sure the men had fun putting this together for the men of the battalion. Those moments were fleeting...

Thanks Dogdaddy. Once again you have come through with flying colors. :armata_PDT_37:

Dear M1- I'm glad you enjoyed the surprise..I just thought it was so cool that these guys were able to take a brief 'rest' from all the horrible events of WWII and perform this play for their buddies in Italy (I of course wondered immediately if Rocky ever got a chance to see this play or one like it!) As soon as I saw that it involved Engineers from the 235th I knew it was something you would enjoy M1. I was hoping it would arrive before you left for the weekend, but it's always fun finding an unexpected package (instead of a bill) when you get home...

Hugs,

DD1 and The Big Blond :woof::wave:

Ya, it was nice to get it when I arrived home. There was your package and a few other letters from vets. Nice!

Now I just have to pay for the hotel bill. ha-ha!

Very thoughtful of you as usual. Nice to see ya on the forum and get a moment to chat with you too.

M1

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  235th Battalion - How many companies? Valentino 0 2,219 03-28-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Valentino
  1108th (48th/235th Bns) Photos Walt's Daughter 9 10,564 02-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Edwin A Gales - 235th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 7 7,778 11-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 586,883 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
  Russell E. Riemer - 235th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 2 3,932 10-21-2012, 08:40 AM
  John F Thorpe - 235th Engineer Walt's Daughter 1 3,818 01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
  American Heroes - 235th Bn - 1108th Eng Reg Walt's Daughter 1 3,496 02-22-2008, 08:15 PM