Marine Corps field artillery at its best !!

Vee,

I am always ready to teach anyone about stuff that I know about.

032503_ermey_header02.jpg

Here's me with my cub scout troop explaining the finer points of good manners.

I have always loved teaching, especially things I find interesting! In other words, I could tell you some about the acquisitions process in the military, but it might a while to type a response between my falling asleep during typing about it. It's not very exciting. What is fascinating is how difficult and convoluted a process a human can devise to accomplish something. The money saved in "eliminating waste" is spent jumping through the acquisitions process. Don't believe me? Check out the Defense Acquisitions University’s website.

Back to interesting things, in future tutorials, I can explain the process of "laying" the gun line so they are all in a parallel line down the azimuth of fire. No time for that now, but I will post it here before our time runs out in the "shooting the Breeze" category and the topic is deleted.

Vee, I only wish I could speak another language as well as you do! Most Americans cannot, because there isn't much of a need to. We can travel for thousands of miles and still be in the same country. You could drive from Dijon to Sarajevo in 784 miles. That crosses France, Switzerland, Italy, Slovinija, Croatia and Bosnia. If you start in El Paso, Texas and drive to Beaumont, Texas you will have driven 828 miles. 828 miles and your still speakin' Texan.

Republic-of-Texas-Map-1841.mediumthumb.jpg

If you would like, I'll send you a message when there are ways I can constructively correct your English. There was one thing I was wondering. I notice you add a space before you add punctuation. For example, "I wish I could speak more than one language ." Here, I added the space after the 'e' in language. Is this the way one does things in written French?

And now I will leave you with some more Artillery pictures.

afghanistan-big-guns.preview.jpg

This is a new M-777 lightweight howitzer in Afghanistan

Gun%20under%20Net.jpg

This is a picture taken by one of the public affairs Marines at one Fort Bragg during a 10th Marines exercise, October of 2002. I was the guns platoon commander at the time.

Todd ,

Americans have already retired the M198. What's going to happen with them after they're replaced by the M777 howitzer? Despite its (M198) very long service history, it's still a very capable weapon system in the right hands. It would be a real shame if you'll just scrap them.

The M777 is more mobile than the M109 ? it's light enought to be easily transportable by air and needs a smaller crew ?

On the picture or are you ? Are you the soldier who has his hand on the hip?

Yes , I would like well, you send a message when there are ways you can correct my English .

Vee

Messages In This Thread
Marine Corps field artillery at its best !! - by verow - 09-26-2010, 12:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vintage WWII ads in Field & Stream 41-45 Walt's Daughter 2 3,424 12-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  war dogs trained by Quartermaster Corps arve 13 12,133 10-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Last Post: 206thmpco
  What is a WWII Corps? Walt's Daughter 3 3,741 05-18-2007, 11:06 PM
  333rd - 3rd Army - Black Artillery Unit Walt's Daughter 9 10,873 10-02-2006, 10:37 PM
  Merchant Marine Walt's Daughter 1 3,780 09-26-2005, 08:35 PM