Unknown for me but interesting for you

From the website: Tillman County Veterans War Memorial

There is a picture of Mr Fry and the following information at this webpage:

http://www.mybragpage.com/wwii/fry_bobby_w

S 1/c Bobby W. Fry, son of Mr. and Mrs. W. D. Fry, graduated from Hollister High School. Entered Merchant Marines in Dec., 1944, trained in St. Petersburg, Fla., Charleston, S.C.; served in the Marshalls, Panama, Cuba, Scotland, Belgium; was killed in action Aug., 1945 in Belgium.

The following information is from the book, "History of Tillman County (OK), Volume II", a 1978 publication of the Tillman county Historical Society and is used with their consent. It is based on an article on page 269 of publication which included a list of boys killed while in the service of our country, from Hollister, OK.

The article listed info above and also stated that Mr. Fry was a 1943 graduate of Hollister High School. He died August 12, 1945. He was KIA and buried in Margraten National Cemetery, Margranten, Holland.

------------------

This info from the Merchant Marine website: http://www.usmm.org/

During World War II, some mariners were buried in National Cemeteries overseas or were listed among those missing on Memorials in National Cemeteries. The cemeteries are maintained by the American Battle Monuments Commission or by the Veterans Administration.

Of the 595 mariners listed, the remains of 476 are in the Cemeteries; 119 are listed as "Missing" on a Memorial. The list of names was obtained from the American Battle Monuments Commission.

Mariners Buried or Commemorated in European Theater National Cemeteries

Messages In This Thread
Unknown for me but interesting for you - by Frank Gubbels - 05-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Unknown for me but interesting for you - by SonofaMP - 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting facts on Army Engineers Walt's Daughter 0 132,590 06-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter