Lewis - another eng from the 1301st

I love getting these. Here's an email I got this morning and I sent it off to Bill Douglass right away too:

---------------------------

I saw on your Web Site that you have some info on the 1301 Engineer Reg. Do you have any info on Company F? My Neighbor served in Company F. from landing on D-Day + 3 through the end of the European theater. I told him I would look on the Net to see what was out there and found your site. I showed him 031 J.peg from the Joseph Elias page, as he had been telling me about the bridges that they used to build, and he immediately recognized the french boy in the lower left hand corner of the page, and he went on to state he was sort of the mascot of company A. I believe he would share information readily, but said he only has one picture of him during WWII and that is of him standing next to his 6x6 Truck.

E-mail me back if you have any interest in the stories he may have as well as any info you may have about Company F.

My neighbors last name is Lewis.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Dear Dave:

Not only am I interested in his story, but can hook him up with Bill Douglass, my dear friend and member of the 1301st. Bill would love to be able to communicate with Lewis, that's for sure.

He must have been so excited to see the photos after all these years. I am so happy to be able to provide this venue for him and his fellow engineers. That really makes me smile this morning.

I am going to forward your letter to Bill this morning and I'm sure he will contact you. Have a great day and please send my regards to Lewis and tell him I'm anxiously awaiting his story.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COMPANY "C" 1301st Engineer General Service Regim verasa 2 5,461 11-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Last Post: abm1301