Looking for 34th Infantry veterans

I already forwarded this to Rocky, but wanted other 34ther's to know about this too.

=========

Mrs. Chard,

I know that several of the forum members on your website are 34th Infantry Division veterans. The National WWII Museum is currently looking for 34th Infantry Division (or any attached units) veterans who took part in actions in North Africa and/or Monte Cassino to interview for upcoming displays. If you happen to know if any of “your” veterans fit this description, could you please forward my contact info to them or send their contact info to me? Or, if it would be easier, could I possibly write an article that can be placed on your website/forum stating who I am and what I am looking for?

Joey Balfour

Historian/Curator

The National World War II Museum

945 Magazine Street

New Orleans, LA 70130

Phone: (504) 528-1944 ext. 286

Toll Free: 877-813-3329 ext. 286

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I already forwarded this to Rocky, but wanted other 34ther's to know about this too.

=========

Mrs. Chard,

I know that several of the forum members on your website are 34th Infantry Division veterans. The National WWII Museum is currently looking for 34th Infantry Division (or any attached units) veterans who took part in actions in North Africa and/or Monte Cassino to interview for upcoming displays. If you happen to know if any of “your” veterans fit this description, could you please forward my contact info to them or send their contact info to me? Or, if it would be easier, could I possibly write an article that can be placed on your website/forum stating who I am and what I am looking for?

Joey Balfour

Historian/Curator

The National World War II Museum

945 Magazine Street

New Orleans, LA 70130

Phone: (504) 528-1944 ext. 286

Toll Free: 877-813-3329 ext. 286

Thank you Dear Lady, I might give him a call and see what he needs. Maybe this spring I might

go to New Orleans and see the Museum.----Watson, hope you see this, send me an E/M Rocky

I can't believe I had forgotten! Next week I will be TAD (Temporarily Assigned Duty - Occasionally Temp. Assigned Drunk - in Army terms, TDY) to New Orleans next week (Feb 8-11). I forgot all about the museum down there, but you bet your but I will go check it out. Stand by for pictures!

If you are wondering why a Marine goes to New Orleans on business (as opposed to what people normally do there), the Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES) is headquartered there. I will be having a meet and greet with some of the powers that be there in regards to the systems that I oversee. Future trips will be to California and Okinawa. The Okinawa one should be really cool and I will have a bunch of pictures from that one, too.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Well dang, then my message served two purposes. EXCELLENT!

Have fun in at the museum. Wish we could go with you!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I can't believe I had forgotten! Next week I will be TAD (Temporarily Assigned Duty - Occasionally Temp. Assigned Drunk - in Army terms, TDY) to New Orleans next week (Feb 8-11). I forgot all about the museum down there, but you bet your but I will go check it out. Stand by for pictures!

If you are wondering why a Marine goes to New Orleans on business (as opposed to what people normally do there), the Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES) is headquartered there. I will be having a meet and greet with some of the powers that be there in regards to the systems that I oversee. Future trips will be to California and Okinawa. The Okinawa one should be really cool and I will have a bunch of pictures from that one, too.

Capt. maybe you can meet, Joey Balfour at the museum. I will be waiting to see some pics. Rocky

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  34th Infantry Reg - Attack, Attack, Attack Map Walt's Daughter 2 4,693 08-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  History of the U.S. 30th Infantry Regiment moose 13 27,527 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
  34th Inf Div 135th Inf Reg - Burials in Europe Walt's Daughter 3 5,862 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM
  Photo of 34th Monument - Italy - 2010 Walt's Daughter 0 3,349 08-24-2010, 09:01 AM
  34th Division sixgun 2 4,732 02-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Al Crocker - 34th Inf Div - newspaper clipping Walt's Daughter 2 5,052 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
  The 34th Infantry Division 133RD Regiment sixgun 11 13,096 11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
  34th Inf photos Walt's Daughter 5 7,353 01-10-2008, 10:24 PM
  then and now - 3rd Infantry man Walt's Daughter 7 8,020 10-29-2006, 10:37 PM
  Working Bibliography of the 34th Inf Div Walt's Daughter 0 2,760 09-06-2006, 04:46 PM