Farewell Al Panebianco -45th Inf Div

Received this yesterday. My very dear friend, Al Panebianco is in the hospital. Please keep him in your prayers. It was nice of Bob to let me know, since Al and I speak via email a few times per week. All my best to you Al. I bet you can't wait to return home.

Love ya,

Marion

---------------

Al was admitted to Western Wake Hospital last Monday with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. He is steadily improving and we expect him to come home some day this upcoming week. Please keep him in your prayers. Since no one is checking his e-mails, he will not be able to respond until he comes home and receives some physical therapy. However, I will be sending periodic updates...

Tina is holding up well. She may be hard to reach since she is spending most days and nights at the hospital. She is normally home after 8:30 or 9:00PM.

Thank you all.

Bob MacDade

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Al left the hospital yesterday (Thursday) and is in the Cary Rehab Center. Although he is doing better, he has a long way to go before he is sent home. They will keep him for 2 weeks for evaluation but his stay could end up being up to 6 weeks. We will know better at the end of 2 weeks. His spirits have been down but I printed out the many e-mails that you sent me and he enjoyed them immensely. Anything you send will be passed on to Al.

More updates to come

Bob MacDade

============

I am going to send another card his way! Let's hope that 2 weeks doesn't turn into 6. That's a long haul!

Get better Al. I miss your emails!

:huggybears:

Marion J Chard

:armata_PDT_37:With the help of intensive physical therapy, Al is day-by-day gaining strength. He is scheduled for an evaluation this week on Thursday. This will determine how long he will be in the Rehab facility. The address of the facility is:

Cary Health and Rehabilitation Center

6590 Tryon Rd.

Cary, NC 27511

Al is in Room 207

I have passed on all of your e-mails to him and he loves hearing from you.

Thank you all,

Bob

Marion J Chard

AL,,, OF THE 34th,,, May GOD keep giving the strengh to get better,just hang tough.

Rocky of the 34th...

Another email from Al's family. :armata_PDT_23:

=============================

Not good news in this update. Thursday was to be evaluation day but Al came

down with a severe infection and pneumonia in his left lung. As a result,

his physical therapy had to be stopped and there is no release date as of

yet. The antibiotics are working well and he is starting to feel a little

better. We are hoping he can start therapy again on Monday or Tuesday of

this week. It does not look good for a Thanksgiving homecoming. We are

hoping for Christmas.

We will continue to keep you updated. Please e-mail me

with any info you would like me to pass on to Al

Thank you all.

Marion J Chard

More bad news. Oh dear! My poor Al! He's such a great guy...

============

Very disappointing news – Al was scheduled to come home for 1 day from Rehab for Thanksgiving. Upon arrival at the Rehab, we were told that he was very sick and could not go home. He subsequently was sent to the Hospital with pneumonia and a urinary tract infection. Unfortunately, he had to be intubated on a ventilator and remains in that condition as of this e-mail. He is very sick. The faster they can get him back breathing on his own, the better. They hope to have him off in a few days. He remains in the Intensive Care Unit of Western Wake hospital in Cary.

Please pray for him.

I will keep you informed as I know more

Bob MacDade

Marion J Chard

What a dissapointment for he and his family. I hope that he'll be on the road to recovery.

Darlene

Thank you and thank Rocky for posting wishes. It makes a big difference to Al!
Marion J Chard

The latest.... Way to go Al. I know you are not out-of-the-woods yet, but any step forward.... :armata_PDT_01: Thank you Bob for keeping me informed. I surely appreciate your time. Many hugs to my buddy. I sure miss his frequent emails.

======================

The good news – Al had the breathing tube removed and is breathing on his own. He has been moved from Intensive Care to a step down unit at the hospital. His infections seem to be under control and he is being treated for fluid retention. Now that the breathing tube has been removed, he can talk but only for a very short time before getting very tired.

He is still very sick and, assuming no more setbacks, will probably be in the hospital for at least another 2-3 weeks before starting rehab. Rehab could last several months, again, assuming no major setbacks.

The entire family visited him over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Al & Mary, Denise & Ray along with Shelly. Needless to say, he was extremely happy to see them all together.

Tina is coping fairly well. The stress on her and the entire family has been great.

Thank you all for your prayers and caring.

Bob MacDade

Marion J Chard

The latest.... Way to go Al. I know you are not out-of-the-woods yet, but any step forward.... :armata_PDT_01: Thank you Bob for keeping me informed. I surely appreciate your time. Many hugs to my buddy. I sure miss his frequent emails.

======================

The good news – Al had the breathing tube removed and is breathing on his own. He has been moved from Intensive Care to a step down unit at the hospital. His infections seem to be under control and he is being treated for fluid retention. Now that the breathing tube has been removed, he can talk but only for a very short time before getting very tired.

He is still very sick and, assuming no more setbacks, will probably be in the hospital for at least another 2-3 weeks before starting rehab. Rehab could last several months, again, assuming no major setbacks.

The entire family visited him over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Al & Mary, Denise & Ray along with Shelly. Needless to say, he was extremely happy to see them all together.

Tina is coping fairly well. The stress on her and the entire family has been great.

Thank you all for your prayers and caring.

Bob MacDade

Al--The Lord has heard our prayers, so just relax and let the Lord help you.

The THUNDERBIRDS' IS A TOUGH OUTFIT. redbulldogfacesaidit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The passing of James Bird - 45th Infantry Walt's Daughter 0 2,430 01-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Get well cards for James Bird- 45th Inf Div Walt's Daughter 1 3,289 02-07-2009, 04:28 PM
  Farewell General Sparks - 45th Infantry Div Walt's Daughter 0 2,767 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM