The "NUTS" cave - Help preserve a piece of history

I hope this will help too:

I would like to express my feelings about the closing idea of the Heintz Barracks through this letter.

65 Years ago soem strange people came across the ocean to liberate us from the Nazis. They came all the way for us. Many of them gave their lives for people they had never known. One of the thoughest battles was the Battle of the Bulge. It was a heroic fight which was won by the Allied troops. The costs were very high. Many of them lost their lives.

We will always remember what they did for us.

Now, 65 years later, we also have to remember the fallen German troops. There is 1 spot in Belgium which got world fame. That’s Bastogne. The though battle at Bastogne got even more fame because of 1 word. “NUTS”!!!!!!! We have to remember that forever.

We have to teach the next generations what had happened overthere and about the cruelty of war. War is something which may never happen again. The best way to teach the next generations is to preserve the sites where the most important things happened. 1 Of those spots is the Heintz barracks. The word “NUTS” was the best way to decline the surrender option from the Germans. Let’s teach our children there why war may never happen again. So many important spots are already lost so we have to preserve it.

We also have to pay respect to the veterans who are still coming over nowadays. They did so much for us and we can’t say thank you and destroy where they fought. That’s why we have to preserve the barracks.

It’s “NUTS” to destroy them.

Frank Gubbels

Noorbeek, The Netherlands.

Messages In This Thread
The "NUTS" cave - Help preserve a piece of history - by Frank Gubbels - 10-26-2009, 06:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the "Nuts" Cave Walt's Daughter 3 4,602 02-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  World War 2 In A Cave (little Tour) Frank Gubbels 0 3,724 07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels