What are you listening to right now?

The rest can call you Vero, I'll still choose Vee.

You know Vee, This is the second time I have clicked onto "what are you listening toright now", and I spend the afternoon going from one to the other. I guess to many people now days, I'm considered a relic. But from what I see now-a-days, I'm happier back in the past.

Today, couples dance back to back. Where is the romance in that?.,,,,, Dates? Going to a rock concert, or a basketball game?, wearing worn jeans and polo with hands on front clutching what?.

On a blind date, pulled off by my sister, I was at the front door of this house, wondering what the heck am I doing here. The door opened and there she was. All I saw were those eyes, and my life changed forever. Those days, we dressed in white shirts (cuff links if you had them) ties, sport coats, and spit polished shoes. You picked up your date at her door, and lost your breath at the site. Prety as a picture in her dress, little hat, and those white gloves. You opened the car door for her(as I did for our entire married life). Call me a schmo or whatever, but I still do when in the company of a lady.

Now, take today. They are not sweethearts, they are "buddies". They don't go on dates by themselves, they go in a group. If by chance they go alone, They show up in--- JEANS---. What does that say???. In a nut shell, if you see any couple, promiced to each other or not, if they don't hold hands in public, there's no future for them.

Sorry to carry on like this,,, but tell me one thing; Don't you wish romance was back in vogue?

chuck

Andrea Bocelli- Con te Partiro

Vee

The Doors Box Set Disc 4 (Band Favorites) Song: It's All Over originally, now Wild Child
Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Strange thing- I just went on lunch, plugged in the ear buds, started to listen to "Alabama Song" by the Doors and then openened up this topic. Now I have on "Spanish Caravan"

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Pink Floyd Money Original Video 1974

Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall

Pink Floyd - Goodbye Blue Sky

When The Tigers Broke Free (complete)

Vee

This is an amazing song !!! GREAT video !!

Vee

Always loved the Dire Straits album you mentioned. Worth its weight in gold.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Everything But the Girl.

One of my old bandmates turned me onto this band a long time ago. She has such a gorgeous voice and the melodies are just excellent. In fact, am using it as background for our local Channel 98 broadcast for January 2010. It can also be heard on our local (also produced by me), Alger Michigan website. If you would like to hear two tunes which accompany the slide show on the web, just click here to give a listen:

You may have to download a SAFE add-on in order to hear it!

http://www.algermichigan.com/CH98Web.html

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

My favorite French singer !!

Mylene Farmer - Souviens toi du jour

Mylene Farmer - Les mots

Mylène Farmer - Désenchantée

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpG13rQU_e4...feature=related

Mylène Farmer - C'est dans l'air

Vee