Mac's boots

This is pretty cool! Sent to me by our very own John McAuliffe.

"Mac's" Combat Boots worn through 3 European Campaigns, WW-II. Drawn by brother Frank McAuliffe, for his application to Syracuse Univ. School of Architecture, 1950.

post-2-1236266968_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   John__s_boots.jpg (Size: 81.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Dear John,

You are so very welcome! I thought the drawing of your boots was not only an item of extreme talent, but also very appropriate to represent all our veterans. I'm happy that you were pleased! And, thank you for your kind compliments on the Pekan. I try to do my best to honor all you fine fellows!

I have attached the front cover file if you would like to send it to anyone else.

Best wishes,

Sherrie

============

Hi Sherri,

The Pekan Newsletter arrived !...Wow !!!....What a nice Surprise !! You certainly went all out to show my old Boots !!My brother Frank will be greatly surprised when he recieves his copy....I can't thank you enough !!...and Congratulations on such a thorough and complete and newsy production !...I used to do our Cent. Mass. Chapter-22 VBOB "The Ardennes Echo"......

but am getting lazy now days !!...my friend John Bowen does a nice job of his MD/DC, "The Marcher"...he is an Military Researcher and Archivist and gets his stuff from the Archives in Wash.etc....Thanks Again...and keep up the Good Work !!!

John....

PEKAN_p.01_MAY09.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   PEKAN_p.01_MAY09.pdf (Size: 247.96 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

If those boots had mud on them I would say they were mine.

Italian mud, that is. rocky--- :armata_PDT_23: