Solemn Anniversary

Yes, I believe in what you say, wholeheartedly. We MUST stand on our laurels and not cave in to one side or the other. I firmly believe that you only get from people, what you expect. That goes for the big or small, whether it's your children or an opposing country. If you back down, then people will stomp you.

I think we no longer carry the BIG STICK, and that is through our own fault. We wither and shy away, and wallow in our corner. It's no wonder we are sending the wrong message.

We've experienced this thing before in our own country. It comes under many names, whether it be isolationism, or any other descriptive adjective. It always leaves one true thing; and that is an oppressive hand. We leave ourselves vulnerable. Shame on us. Have we not learned enough lessons in our three centuries as a thriving, independent democracy?

Sad how easily we forget, and soon bicker amongst ourselves. We fail to see the bigger picture, and how we as an entire society fail one another, and give the others (in this case terrorists), the go ahead to sit at the head of our table.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Solemn Anniversary - by CaptO - 10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Solemn Anniversary - by roque_riojas - 10-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Solemn Anniversary - by Walt's Daughter - 10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Solemn Anniversary - by 206thmpco - 10-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Solemn Anniversary - by roque_riojas - 10-30-2008, 03:49 PM