SSgt Roy L. Booher - WE DID IT!!! - We found him

Ah, you noticed! :blush: I try and do that when I can. It makes it easier for members and viewers, when they are trying to search the forum.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Ah, you noticed! :blush: I try and do that when I can. It makes it easier for members and viewers, when they are trying to search the forum.

AGREED :armata_PDT_01:

Well. Tomorrow we will put the new monument on it's place. It's awesome but I won't share some pictures yet. Please be patient untill Monday after the inauguration. Everything worked. We have found fundraisers (a lot of people from the village) and the monument is ready.

I am really looking forward to this weekend. Saturday there is some kind of memorial walk wwith reenactors, an airfield for a piper, roadblocks and things like that. On Sunday there is a convoy. At the start of the convoy there will be a fly-over from a p-51 Mustang. About 10 veterans of the Old Hickory will attend the convoy and the inauguration of the monument.After the inauguration there is time to have a view at the vehicles and there is a chance to get some food and a drink (or 2 ;))

Regards,

Frank

My special thanks to those who donated money for the monument!!!

Hey Frank!!

I wish to come for the inauguration of Momument with my family !!

Can you give me the hour of the inauguration and the place !

Vee ;)

How wonderful to see your idea come to fruition. This is just great. Congrats on a job well done. Cudos to all involved.

Smiles,

M1 :clappin2:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yea Frank!!! Congratulations and thanks for keeping the memory of the veterans that gave their life for freedom alive. Can't wait to see the pictures

Thank you all for your kind replies.

To Vee: There is a convoy before the inauguration. That convoy will start around 3 PM. I can't give you exact details because the veterans will come around that time. There is also a fly-over from a P-51 Mustang. If you'll come you'll have to park your car in a field. That field is between the monument and our village. That place is called "Onderschey" as you can see on the Google Earth map on our website. You'll have to park your car in that large field. I think the best option for you is to drive towards Maastricht, Then you'll have to leave the highway and follow the road towards Cadier en Keer / Margraten. (You'll pass the American cemetery). Drive through Margraten and you'll see the signs with Noorbeek. It's about 10 minutes from Margraten. Come early because we expect a lot of visitors. There is some room in our village to drink and eat. I don't know how well they can speak French. I don't speak French, sorry. :withstupid:

Regards,

Frank

How Frank you do not speak French! :armata_PDT_23:

I am really disappointed and sad ! :(;):P

Thank you for the road I'll schedule it in my GPS !!

Vee ;)

Okay see you on Sunday.

I don't know if you saw an itinerary but on Saturday is a remembrance walk around the village were you can see different types of vehicles and roadblocks and things like that.

Regards,

Frank

The monument is on the spot were it belongs too. Thanks to each and everyone of you for your help.

Regards,

Frank