Hello! - 295th Ordnance Heavy Maintenance

Finally registered today. Just wanted to post a message introducing myself. My name is Michael (Mike) Rockett. I'm the grandson of J.T. Rockett who served in WWII with the 295th Ordnance Heavy Maintenance Company (HM). Great site and forum, Marion! Happy to be a member of VI Corps! :armata_PDT_01:

Mike Rockett

WELCOME ABOARD MIKE.. ENJOY THIS SITE WITH THE REST OF US.

HEAVY MAINTENANCE, HM NO SMALL GUYS IN THAT OUTFIT, HUH.

ROQUE,(Rocky)---- :armata_PDT_01:

Thanks Rocky. Well, they were mostly Southern boys so they were pretty big! :pdt34: I'm fortunate enough to have spoken with a few of them and they definitely have BIG hearts! They all remind of Desmond Doss in many ways. Well, I don't even think any of them fired a gun in combat! lol

WELCOME ABOARD MIKE.. ENJOY THIS SITE WITH THE REST OF US.

HEAVY MAINTENANCE, HM NO SMALL GUYS IN THAT OUTFIT, HUH.

ROQUE,(Rocky)---- :armata_PDT_01:

Welcome from the Netherlands.

Frank

Hey Mike:

Well I certainly wasn't the first to welcome you here, but I welcome you with gusto!

Congrats on your very fine site. and the justice you do for every member of the 295th, living and past. Let's keep their spirits alive and kicking! It's up to us to present the history and tell their story. Hoorah!

Welcome to the gang of proud sons and daughters...grandkids and more...

Warm regards,

M1 the Grand Poobah :frown:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Forgot to mention - LOVE your avatar. I am a big Felix the Cat fan. One of my fave cartoons growing up.

Felix the Cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat! We were discussing him in a post about our fave memories, just this week. How timely! :armata_PDT_01:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:clappin: Welcome from Luxembourg :26_6_7:

Martin

Welcome to the board!

When you have time, it would be nice to hear about what types of missions the 295th performed.

Best Wishes,

Pete Belmonte