The NEW 253rd C E

I received a phone call from Major John Ladd this week looking for historical info on the 253rd Combat Engineers as the unit is being re-activated as a National Guard unit in Phoenix, Arizona. He is the operations officer for the unit. If anyone would like to contact him, please email me and I'll provide the info.

Also, if anyone would like a DVD of the film of the 253rd C E in WWII that was shot by one of it's men in A company, let me know. It is around 25 minutes and is silent. We believe we know who shot it but haven't been able to confirm that yet. This is an extremely rare look at the travels of the 253rd from basic training and in Europe from 1943-46. I'll make them available for a very low price to cover the costs of the disk and mailing.

And, I have a second DVD which is an interview with Mr. Normal Russell (Pvt Russell back in WWII) who's memory is perfect and has excellent recollections of his time with the 253rd. I runs an hour and 34 minutes.

Jim Herron

Phone 813 932-3887

Email removed for privacy

Jim:

Boy oh boy, you can sure count me in on those copies. Happy to pay for the disks and the mailing expense. This is the sort of thing I am constantly looking for, for my documentary. When I read this, I was SO excited about the prospects.

Oh, I am removing your printed email address from your post. Why? Because it is a prime target for spammers and bots. If any member wants to get in touch with you through email, the only thing they have to do is click on your LINKED USERNAME, and they are able to contact you. Same goes for you. Just trying to protect my members from that nasty SPAM.

Looking forward to talking to you soon. Welcome,

Marion

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  253rd Engineer Combat Battalion Walt's Daughter 22 988,828 03-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Info on 253rd Engr Combat BN tiamariawithkaz 3 6,658 04-15-2015, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter