hello from canada!

Hello,

I am an actor in Toronto, Canada, getting ready to play Stanley in a streetcar named desire. the character is a WWII vet, part of the "241st Engineers" and specifically mentions the battle at Salerno in the script.

i am going to poke my nose around the forum a bit, but if you have any interesting tidbits, i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks for the inclusion. FYI, my grandfather is a vet of the Royal Canadian Air Force, and my dad just retired from the Canadian Armed Forces, after a 33 year career which took him to Egypt, Bosnia, and most recently to Afghanistan. My sister is also married to a weapons tech. in the forces, my uncle is in the air force, and my cousin is a tank driver. So i come from an army family. I guess I'm the black sheep.

:)

Hey "Stanley":

You know something, I never realized that the role was that of a combat engineer. Wow, the things you learn from day to day.

Well congrats on your part, and I hope we can give you a bit of information to help you with the role.

I have quite a bit of information on Salerno, including I do believe, some film footage. I'm sure others will give you their two cents worth too. I will see what I can specifically dig up on the 241st engineers. Stay tuned...

A warm welcome,

Marion

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"