'Marion's Boys'..down and playing dirty...

NEVER,NEVER,NEVER, ARGUE, QUESTION, OR DISCUSS WHAT A CAPT. SAYS

ONLY SAY YES SIR, SIR YES SIR.

Come on now! You're the "Sir" to me!

in combat you don't stop to think,( what

did I learn in basic trng.) Your head and your ass goes down on instinct.

True enough. That's why extensive training is so important. Assuming you are being taught things that are tactically sound, it keeps you from having to "stop and think" when you are on the two way rifle range. Instinct, in the form muscle memory from training, can take over and you and your compadres can act in unison in a way that can accomplish the mission and increase your chance of living. Sammy Sosa didn't stop to say, "O.K., here comes the ball. Now when it gets to about there I'm going to swing this thing on my shoulder." He just did it as he had done thousands of times. Unfortunately, combat involves lots of skills that probably can't be done "thousands of times" but constant rehearsals can help prepare you for when you don't have time to think.

I've only been shot at once and my firefight was done in about 45 minutes. I can't speak authoritatively in comparison to someone who faced Fallschirmjager troops day after day. What I have espoused are the concepts that pervade military training doctrine today. Perhaps I can show this to some of the infantry folks I know and see what they think.

Thanks for your input guys.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Messages In This Thread
'Marion's Boys'..down and playing dirty... - by CaptO - 07-30-2008, 01:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Marion's Boy's...' ricklind 0 3,506 04-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Last Post: ricklind
  ' Marions Boys' ricklind 4 6,705 04-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  'Marions Boys'.. in full voice..... ricklind 2 4,720 06-16-2008, 04:25 AM
Last Post: verow
  Greetings from "Marion's boys" Kemble Uk 2007 ricklind 14 14,100 07-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Mailman