My grandpa's ride in an Army Jeep

We attended a memorial service at the Korean Wwar Veteran's Memorial in a nearby town. My grandpa got to take a ride in the jeep. He said he'd like to have a quarter for every mile he put on one of them things. He hasn't sat in one in since he was in the service.

post-114-1212627952_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0620.jpg (Size: 262.58 KB / Downloads: 0)
I bet THAT brought back some memories, probably not ALL good! Ah the sound of the engine starting up, the feel of the seat and... Great photo Brooke! :1028:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

The first vehicle I ever actually drove was an old surplus JEEP. I don't know how old it was; probably not too old because it was put in the hands of a 15 year old. This was the vehicle that a partner of my dad had on our hunting lease near Menard, TX (a one horse burg in the middle of the state.) If I find some pictures I will scan them. Apparently they were very easy to drive - I never stalled it once. This is not true for the first time I tried my brother's 320i BMW a couple of years later when I could hardly get it out of first gear!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

HEY JOE; REMEMBER RIDING IN A JEEP IN WINTER WITH THE WINDSHIELD

DOWN AND COVERED. FELT KINDA COOL. M-1 IN MY PAGE THERE IS A PIC.

OF A JEEP BEING PUSHED BY A 6BY6 ACROSS A SWOLLEN CREEK, MAYBE

YOU CAN SHOW IT. Rocky

To the rescue!!

JeepRiver43.jpg

ItalianGalKenRyanRocky.jpg

And here are the other great Riojas photos. . .

Rocky,

I was looking at a website for the MNF (Multi-national Force) west in Iraq, and guess what I saw. . . The Bull-in-a-jug among about 20 other unit insignias running across the top of the screen. I immediately thought of you! I'm afraid I can't link to it as it was on out classified network. Here's an un-class site.

The proud legacy marches on.

To the rescue!!

JeepRiver43.jpg

ItalianGalKenRyanRocky.jpg

And here are the other great Riojas photos. . .

Rocky,

I was looking at a website for the MNF (Multi-national Force) west in Iraq, and guess what I saw. . . The Bull-in-a-jug among about 20 other unit insignias running across the top of the screen. I immediately thought of you! I'm afraid I can't link to it as it was on out classified network. Here's an un-class site.

The proud legacy marches on.

Thanks for the pics.CaptO. Water was springtime off mtns. Other pic. An Italian girl, my buddy

Kenneth Ryan and Myself. Left a comment in the 34th web. Rocky

Here is the aforementioned Jeep. I doubt if it were any earlier than a mid-late 70's model. Any Jeep experts in the house?

post-449-1212712981_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   scan.jpg (Size: 26.79 KB / Downloads: 0)

Here's some jeep sites

http://www.willys-mb.co.uk/

http://www.wwiijeepbook.com/

http://www.armyjeeps.net/

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"