Oradour-sur-Glane

IIn late 1943 as the Soviet army began to push the Nazis out of Russia one village at a time, they came upon a horrible scene in one town, where they discovered the corpses of many small children who had been used to provide blood transfusions to wounded german officers. They literally bled them to death. I saw this story on a DVD entitled 'The Road to Berlin.'

This is not something that is easily grasp by a rational human mind, so once again I am glad that there were cameras to witness such events for historical purposes.

Dogdaddy

I have planned to visit Oradour in the near future I hope I'll get some time off from work. :rolleyes:

This is very hard what you wrote above dogdaddy, I have 3 kids myself (& 2 Dogs )and only to think someone could do this to an innocent child make me more than angry when I read such story's it sets my teeth on edge, this reminds me of a scene I had 12 years or so ago you know I work as a conductor at the lux railway and I had an Old German in his 70 on board of my train and he had not a valuable ticket for the train Lux - trier the only ticket he got was a war invalid card (valid as ticket in germany) and he behaved like we were still under german occupation.

Misfortune for the old bas...d was that I had read around 6 or 7 books about the annihilation of the jews, gypsies etc.at that time, the last one I've read about this thema was "a girl from schindlers list from Stella Müller-Madej " in that book she described a scene where the germans tossed children from the second floor on the platform of a truck :armata_PDT_19: .

After that book I had to stop reading them because it realy haunted me and when I had to handle with older germans wich was very common do to my job I always thought maybe he was one of those who did such things and when they behaved like the the old Bas.... I've wrote above then I got very snippy and had not pity to kick 'em out very quick. -o-

Martin

Messages In This Thread
Oradour-sur-Glane - by CaptO - 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Oradour-sur-Glane - by verow - 05-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Oradour-sur-Glane - by Walt's Daughter - 05-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Oradour-sur-Glane - by Dogdaddy - 05-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Oradour-sur-Glane - by chambers - 05-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Oradour-sur-Glane - by rennog - 05-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Oradour-sur-Glane - by Dogdaddy - 05-17-2008, 03:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oradour-sur-Glane Village Martyr sixgun 0 2,176 10-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Last Post: sixgun
  the oradour-sur-glane experience:a nazi massacre sixgun 15 13,177 08-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Last Post: rennog
  Oradour Sur Glane Walt's Daughter 10 9,053 07-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Oradour-Sur-Glane gbuscg 3 5,112 01-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy