Troop Train and the Camp Croft Connection

Hi,

I want to see if I can buy a copy of this CAMP CROFT Video from you?

I live 15 minutes away from Camp Croft, and my grandfather trained there during WWII.

This place is Extremely important to me.

Can you please let me know?

Thank you!

Chad Jordan

864-360-1582

I really appreciate it!

Great little film about how one whole troop is transported. vehicles and all, across the country. Told with no narration, the film follows the load up of vehicles, the load up of men (love the fact they would have a marching band to send them off) and finally, the train is off! it goes through the country with some great shots here. Apparantly, noone has ever been in a train before as they havent seen a berth. The troops are allowed out for a bit of exercise and a bit of frolic in the sun and then it ends! Awww! I could've watched more of this, because this was fun! Reccomended!

Also, watch for the homoerotic points in the film (especially in the map scene)

Reviewer: Ron C - - April 19, 2004

Subject: Troop Train and the Camp Croft Connection

This was a worthwhile download. This 1943 movie attempts to show the viewer the activities associated with the troop movement (including equipment) of a fictional armor unit. There is little dialogue, mostly titles for narration, and lots of good railroad shots.

The reason I sought this film out was a connection it has with Camp Croft, a former US Army Infantry Replacement Training Center located in South Carolina. At about the mid-point of the movie, a band (Croft's 2nd IRTC Band/163d Army Band) is shown and I assume the music is theirs as well. Troops moving past the band are from the 40th Infantry Training Battalion and the camp is shown in the background. A really neat find!

Reviewer: cashel - - September 27, 2003

Subject: reality

honest telling of a vital world war 2 story..Told in 13 minutes in b/w film without any trick or animation..[/b][/size]

Messages In This Thread
Troop Train and the Camp Croft Connection - by 1258th Engineers - 09-04-2008, 11:58 PM