One helpless mother...and the innocents of war.

post-256-1205188132_thumb.jpgpost-256-1205187804_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   innocents_of_war.jpg (Size: 339.4 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   child_in_need.jpg (Size: 386.86 KB / Downloads: 0)
Oh how sad. It bothers me to see anyone hurt, but it really gets to you when you see little children and helpless animals. :(:unsure:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

It's true that seeing things like this seem different when you are a parent. You really feel for the parents.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien
What a cutie. Looks like she is showing off her pretty shirt!
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

She was in a village north of where I was stationed in Iraq. I would have liked to get the leg out of the shot but you can only do so much with fleeting opportunities to get the good shot. Iraqi kids love cameras; not sure what the deal was. A couple times I was able to print pictures and come back. Here is a picture of an Iraqi family in another nearby village. I came back with a copy of the picture a few days later but the man in question either didn't want to be seen associating with me or just didn't like Americans. Or perhaps both. I love the expression on the girl's face. The other picture is a guy by the name of Jassi (or Jassim) and his grandkids.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Great pictures Capto enjoy looking !

Take care

Véronique

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born in a death camp: A miracle baby and her mother Walt's Daughter 1 2,438 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Caryl-280ECB