What I'm Thankful For

:machinegun::machinegun:

I am truly Thankful we could eliminate all of these

that we could when we could

uniform-ss_officers.gif

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Sgtleo :armata_PDT_01::armata_PDT_01:

:armata_PDT_19::armata_PDT_19:

Here's a for real SS Guy. This guy was on Heinrich Himmler's Staff.

On his sleeve is the cuff that has the initials RFSS(Riech Fuehrer

Schutz Staffel) and the dagger that was awarded to the pure SS.

Smug looking isn't he!!

All he had to do was snap his fingers and you'd be gone into one

of the camps or perhaps an oven.

unipic.jpg

Sgtleo :machinegun::machinegun:

I am most thankful that I've met ALL of you. :heartpump::heartpump:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I am most thankful that I've met ALL of you. :heartpump::heartpump:

I will second that!! And I raise my glass to all the vets out there for what they have done for us! :armata_PDT_37:

I will second that!! And I raise my glass to all the vets out there for what they have done for us! :armata_PDT_37:

And I will THIRD IT! Thank You All! PS- Sgt. Leo- That is a chilling photo in spite of the emotion it was supposed to inspire (love I presume). At one time I had a few real SS items in my collection of WWII items, but the further I got into the study of The 3rd Reich..the more I began to hate anything associated with those Runic symbols. I don't own any of them now. I wish somebody could have gotten rid of those dudes in about 1939! ;)

Dogdaddy :woof:

:armata_PDT_37::armata_PDT_37:

Dogdaddy:-

It's funny that those people when off duty led a reasonably

mundane life but on duty it was Jeckyll and Hyde type of life.

To think that ,I believe it was 1936, Hitler's following was

some where around 60 people and burgeoned from there.

That would have been the time to "deep six" Hitler but

hindsight is 20/20/

Sgtleo :banghead::banghead:

I am having a cold Belgian beer to thank all the Veterans - American and other Allied - for what they went through for our Liberation.

This week, I received a short typed letter from a very good Veteran friend of mine. :armata_PDT_37:

He was with the Rangers on D-Day and later with 87th Recon of the 7th Armored Division.

He turned 87 in May.

I am thankful he is still alive and still tries to keep in contact despite his and his wife's health problems.

And I am thankful for my girlfriend Bianca. The way she keeps up with this crazy bastard is beyond my comprehension. :pdt12::blink::pdt12:

Sorry but I had to mention her as she is the most important person in my life.

Erwin

PS: I had some German items in my collection too, but traded them all for US equipment and insignia. I even had a shoulder board of an SS Camp Guard .... stupid looking thing, but with a cruel history. I'm glad I got rid of it all.

I have only a few German items in my collection, but they shall remain there as the bitter reminder of why all of you were there. :armata_PDT_23:

Here's to a great topic and all the posts that are following! :armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Well,I'm happy that the 34th had something to do with the elimination of the above. RJR

I am thankful that I am finally making headway in my research on the 1251st. I'm thankful that there are folks here who offer suggestions and information to aid in my journey through my fathers military experience.

I am thankful that my friend Ed Bearss who is 84 years young is still able to lead history tours (hes on the road about 200 days a year), edit and write books, work as a commentator on television, lecture and raise a lot of money and awarness for Civil War Battlefiend preservation. He was severly injured in January 1944 in the Pacific theater and spent a long time rehabbing. He is the only person who could inspire me to run across several lanes of highway, leap a fence, waddle down a hill and pick my way through brambles, all to see where the porch that John Wilkes Booth expired on USED to be.

I am very happy to not have been brought up under occupation and speaking either German or Japanese.