Documentary - No Bridge Too Far

Rocky,

I'm glad you enjoyed talking to Joe. I have thought for awhile that the two of you had quite a bit in common. That weather out there sure sounded good. He got a pretty good chuckle when I told him we had a balmy 35 degrees yesterday, since he was hoping it would warm up a little more there. Those folks in California have it tough.

Maybe between the two of you guys I can get a good green chile recipe. :rolleyes:

Chris

5 Jalapenos- 3 Habaneros two tomatoes,(not the two legged kind), dash salt

little oregano. put in mixer but have an extinguisher handy. Blow your mind.

Rocky I might call Joe later in week.

5 Jalapenos- 3 Habaneros two tomatoes,(not the two legged kind), dash salt

little oregano. put in mixer but have an extinguisher handy. Blow your mind.

Rocky I might call Joe later in week.

Holy Cow!...3 habaneros! So that's the secret to a long life. Mmmmm sounds pretty good but I will need alot of Coors Light for a fire extinguisher

Chris

Emailed my stepson this evening and asked him if he would be interested in doing some of the voice-overs for the project. I want to have a male voice do all the parts when I am quoting the veterans themselves. I think it would be a nice touch and add some interest too. :armata_PDT_01:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Emailed my stepson this evening and asked him if he would be interested in doing some of the voice-overs for the project. I want to have a male voice do all the parts when I am quoting the veterans themselves. I think it would be a nice touch and add some interest too. :armata_PDT_01:

GREAT IDEA!!! GO FOR IT Rocky.

I have had several dozen people offer comments and suggestions regarding the work in progress. Many offered such suggestions as kicking up the vocals on certains slides, letting certain photos remain on the screen longer, etc., and they have been very helpful. Thanks for your input. After all you are seeing it with a fresh set of eyes. I have been making changes on a daily basis and the little things are what make a huge difference in the production. :armata_PDT_37:

Then you get the other set...I had one person suggest drastic changes; remove ALL the motion from the documentary. No panning, absolutely no effects, etc. It's those kind of suggestions that I have to remember to take with a grain of salt. As hubby says, maybe they should create their own documentary. I must keep in mind that I cannot possibly make everyone happy; that's impossible. :armata_PDT_23:

A fine balance must be kept while working on a project like this. Most of the time it's easy, then there are moments when you think; am I going about this the right way? So I try to keep an open mind to suggestions/criticisms, but I also have to remember that it is MY project and to throw some things right out the window and not to let them get me down and kill the creative process.

Okay, back to work... :clappin:

Marion J Chard

I have had several dozen people offer comments and suggestions regarding the work in progress. Many offered such suggestions as kicking up the vocals on certains slides, letting certain photos remain on the screen longer, etc., and they have been very helpful. Thanks for your input. After all you are seeing it with a fresh set of eyes. I have been making changes on a daily basis and the little things are what make a huge difference in the production. :armata_PDT_37:

Then you get the other set...I had one person suggest drastic changes; remove ALL the motion from the documentary. No panning, absolutely no effects, etc. It's those kind of suggestions that I have to remember to take with a grain of salt. As hubby says, maybe they should create their own documentary. I must keep in mind that I cannot possibly make everyone happy; that's impossible. :armata_PDT_23:

A fine balance must be kept while working on a project like this. Most of the time it's easy, then there are moments when you think; am I going about this the right way? So I try to keep an open mind to suggestions/criticisms, but I also have to remember that it is MY project and to throw some things right out the window and not to let them get me down and kill the creative process.

Okay, back to work... :clappin:

THE LAST SENTENCE OF YOUR LAST PARAGRAPH ABOVE. **STICK TO IT ***

wHO SAID --damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead!!!!! Don't forget that. Rocky

Well, hopefully I was not one of those torpedoes. Overall I loved your creative process.

—Peanuts

Hey y'all. My private researcher, Carolyn, emailed me yesterday and let me know that she was able to get some footage on the VI Corps Engineers from NARA in Maryland. She is mailing it to me tomorrow. Can't wait to see it. Have no idea what is on it. A complete surprise! Yippee! :armata_PDT_37::clappin::drinkin::pdt12:
Marion J Chard

Looks all very promising and I for one am sure you will make this a great project. :armata_PDT_37:

My hat's off to you, Marion.

Erwin

Looks all very promising and I for one am sure you will make this a great project. :armata_PDT_37:

My hat's off to you, Marion.

Garden Party

R Nelson

You are doing a great job.Some Torpedos may be duds.

Jim H 87th Inf.Div.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginning Thoughts on No Bridge Too Far - 2006 Walt's Daughter 16 22,460 02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter