:lol::pdt12:

Maybe we should try a subtler approach!

:P

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

That was my second idea ;):D

Just received this BEAUTIFUL review. This letter was sent to David Wagner, 39th Combat Engineer. He sent Linda a copy of the DVD. Here is her response. Thanks for your permission to use your review. Greatly appreciated. I also placed it on the Testimonials page.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching “No Bridge Too Far” cd’s by Marion Chard. She compiled a beautiful story with pictures, stories, music and video which rivals the film making of Ken Burns. It was so wonderful to see you representing the 39th with your stories and pictures. I enjoyed the stories of Carl Furtado and the guys being so loaded up with gear they could barely make it down the rope ladders. She mentioned “Operation Torch”, was this campaign in N Africa you and my father were a part of? The picture clarity, choice of music and graphics fit very well into the time period and transported me to a time where I could imagine my father participating. I wish I had been able to share his pic with her for the video. I liked the “red” shower story, mail call and the #13 lucky boat with Bob. I remember my Dad talking of driving Mark Clark and Eisenhower, Sicily and of course Anzio. Thanks again for sending these CD’s to us and I will treasure and share with my nephews and siblings.

Linda Rowlee

Daughter of Leonard Woods, 39th Combat Engineer

Marion J Chard

Well Marion, this is a review which really says everything. Thanks for sharing with us and hopefully you'll get a lot more of these reviews. You deserve it!!! :armata_PDT_37::thewoman:

What I really liked about (other than the Ken Burns things -ha-ha), was the specifics. She let me know which things really moved her. As a producer and writer, it's really important for me to know which segments people thought were the best. Why did you enjoy it?

It's hard for me when people give me one sentence reviews like, "It was good." Well, that doesn't tell me anything. I'm almost leery when I hear things like that, for to me it means, you had to say something, so you said, GOOD.

Marion J Chard

Many thanks to Frank Everards for giving the documentary some first class exposure on the main page of his site. Thanks, you're the best. I really appreciate your help and am very grateful to you.

Many of you know Frank and have been to his A-1 site, but for those who haven't, please give him a look. It's worth your while.

Thanks again!!!!

:clappin2:

http://www.normandy1944.info/

Marion J Chard

Got a phone call from a veteran last night. He left me a voice-mail telling me how much he loved the documentary, which he watched on TV in Bergen County, NJ. It was my first call regarding the airing. YEAH!

I called him back today and he wanted to purchase a copy. Said he really enjoyed it and it brought back a lot of memories. I was so thrilled and delighted. It made my day.

God bless you Joe Esposito.

Marion J Chard

You deserve all the accolades you will receive for this project, M1. I think I speak for all of us here when I say how proud we are of you...not only for the Documentary but for the research you do for the families of these Veterans as well as this fine website you created!

Your Pal,

Thanks Dogdaddy. I can sincerely say I appreciate your words and your friendship. As the years have passed, you find the new buddies you can rely on through thick and thin, and you have always been there for me.

Thank you for your friendship and also all you've done for this forum. I am very lucky to have you as a member.

Marion J Chard

Wow, look at this great write-up in the September/October 2010 Magazine, which was written by its editor, Mike Morgan. Thank you, Mike! I don't know what to say, but am so grateful for the exposure.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I know this will drum up more sales for the documentary. So kind of you to do this.

:theman:

WWII_Vet__s_Daughter_produces_DVD_to_honor_Army_Engineers001.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   WWII_Vet__s_Daughter_produces_DVD_to_honor_Army_Engineers001.pdf (Size: 358.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginning Thoughts on No Bridge Too Far - 2006 Walt's Daughter 16 22,477 02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter