Giving to Our Troops

If every one of you out there who is reading this post will send that " SPECIAl " card and request your friends, their friends, and their friends, to do the same, Think of what it will do to lift the spirits of those GUYS, AND GALS, who paid the price.

Here is all we have to do;

When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to

the address below. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of

how many cards these wonderful special soldiers who have sacrificed so much FOR US

would get. Think of how you feel when reading a card from someone who cares for you.

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include

the following:

A Recovering American soldier

c/o Walter Reed Army Medical! Center

6900 Georgia Avenue,NW

Washington ,D..C. 20307-5001

If you approve of the idea, please reply here, then pass it on to your e-mail list.

Put this on your list NOW. ,,,,,, Don't wait

chucktoo

:armata_PDT_37: I will send a card as this is a great idea.

Erwin

I hate to rain on your parade, but due to rising security risks they no longer accept mail to "any recovering soldier". I got an email earlier this week at work asking you to do this, when I researched for more info I found out that they've stopped it. :pdt33:

Holiday Cards to Wounded and Recovering Soldiers

Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Holiday Cards to Wounded and Recovering Soldiers

Walter Reed Army Medical Center officials want to remind those individuals who want to show their appreciation through mail to include packages, letters, and holiday cards addressed to 'Any Wounded Soldier' or 'A Recovering American Soldier' that Walter Reed cannot accept these packages in support of the decision by then Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Transportation Policy in 2001. This decision was made to ensure the safety and well being of patients and staff at medical centers throughout the Department of Defense.

In addition, the U.S. Postal Service is no longer accepting "Any Service Member" or "A Recovering American Soldier" letters or packages. Mail to "Any Service Member" that is deposited into a collection box will not be delivered.

Instead of sending an “Any Wounded Soldier†letter or package to Walter Reed, please consider making a donation to one of the more than 300 nonprofit organizations dedicated to helping our troops and their families listed on the "America Supports You" website.

Brooke I remember something about this from last year. I hope everyone will read your reply and kindly regard the content. :pdt34:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_19::pdt33:

That's what I have to say.

Erwin (wondering what harm a card can do)

This is a legitimate way of saying thanks on Thanksgiving Day:

http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1280.html

I just sent my card and it will be sent on a future "run"!

Marion J Chard

Jeeper don't get discouraged. There are many other ways and organizations who do this for our troops. After 9-11 we have to be especially vigilent about packages and mail. It's just one of those unfortunate things about life right now.

Here's another organization that's involved with the troops:

http://www.give2thetroops.org/

Marion J Chard

GOD; what a world we live in. As my dear mother in law said so many times. "I'm glad I'm on the way out, instead of the way in".

just before I came on to this site, I sent off an email to Senator Stabenow asking if it it was true, because of the email I got from my nephew in California. This line hit me like a sledge.

they were announcing on CNN and FOX today that they arent accepting at Walter Reed any thing that isnt addressed to a specific serviceman.....thats just what I heard with my ears....

And what's with this lame excuse of fear of letter bombs. Tell me they haven't got devices to scan letters. They probably figure it costs too much. Money is better spent to fly some Congressman, with famil and water skis, to Hawii on a "business trip".

No wonder when our men and women come back to the states, the first thing they do is get out of uniform. Who like to be spit on.

WHOA! Aren't we getting a bit bent out of shape over nothing? :armata_PDT_23: There are hundreds of ways to get packages and letters to serviceman and they are all legitmate. We have several GREAT organizations listed right here on this forum. Why not choose one of those venues.

The government is NOT stopping us from reaching our gals and guys, but they are telling us that this PARTICULAR way is not the right way, that's all. So slow down and take a deep breath.

I honestly don't understand the negative viewpoint. That bothers and saddens me tremendously. :( Take another approach and say, what other ways can I help out, instead of getting angry over something like this.

Marion J Chard

WHOA THERE CHUCKTOO-- TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND BACK OFF A BIT.

YOUR LAST SENTENCE ABOVE IS A LITTLE BIT WRONG UNLESS YOU HAVE

SEEN IT HAPPEN. EASY DOES IT FELLER. ROCKY

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To honor troops this September 11th Walt's Daughter 0 3,043 08-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter