1st Lt. O.M. Hooker - 48th Combat Eng

Marion,

I have enjoyed visiting your site. My Dad was 1st Lt. O.M. Hooker, a member of H&S Co., 48th Engineers. I see that Albert Kincer was also a member of this unit, I would like to contact him if possible. Can you provide an e-mail address or whatever that will help with this?

I have been interested in WWII history since I was a kid, and have many books on the subject, including We The 48th, the unit history of my Dad's outfit. I have always wanted to conact other members of the 48th. I know that Gen. Andrew Goodpaster was the unit CO; is it possible to contact him if you know?

I participate with a couple WWII reenacting organizations, I would be happy to send you a photo or two if you would like.

R.C. Hooker

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I forwaded his letter to Al and I hope the two of them will begin to correspond. That would be just great!

I also told him that it would be great to add a page for his dad. I will be looking forward to that.

Marion J Chard

On 3/18/2005 at 7:59 AM, Walt's Daughter said:

Marion,

I have enjoyed visiting your site. My Dad was 1st Lt. O.M. Hooker, a member of H&S Co., 48th Engineers. I see that Albert Kincer was also a member of this unit, I would like to contact him if possible. Can you provide an e-mail address or whatever that will help with this?

I have been interested in WWII history since I was a kid, and have many books on the subject, including We The 48th, the unit history of my Dad's outfit. I have always wanted to conact other members of the 48th. I know that Gen. Andrew Goodpaster was the unit CO; is it possible to contact him if you know?

I participate with a couple WWII reenacting organizations, I would be happy to send you a photo or two if you would like.

R.C. Hooker

Hi R.C.,

My father is Gregory Sohajda.  He recently passed away, August 2017.  He was in WWll, the 48th Corp of engineers co B.  I’ve recently come across old pictures and notes he kept from the war.  One picture he has is of a Lt O. Hooker, cpl claude nipper, and “Doc” Miller posing near a shell hole in France, Oct. 10, 1944.  This might be a picture of your dad.

Dawn McGuire

Hi Dawn: I hope we can still get in touch with R.C. Hooker, since his post was from long ago - 3-18-2005. I will try and reach him directly and hope that his email is still the same/active. Regardless, we would love to see your photos and hear more about your father, here on the forum. 

Smiles, 

M1

PS. Please accept our condolences on your recent loss.

Marion J Chard

Sorry, I no longer have any contact info for R.C. Hooker in my database. This was twelve years ago and before I started keeping a list of permanent contacts. He emailed me in 2005.  :(

Marion J Chard

I did some research on Hooker this afternoon and think I may have found him. There was some info on a reenactor site, so I sent one of the gentleman an email, asking if he was still in touch with Rick. I will let you know if I hear anything...

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staff Sergeant Antonio Rotondo - 48th CE Walt's Daughter 5 212,281 04-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Stevin
  Lenny Graves - 48th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 1 172,373 04-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter