Americans for Hitler

Yes, the current batch of neo-Nazis are a pretty weak group of folks. All the better - when people see these morons on TV for what they are they will continue to be relegated to their backwoods compounds and websites. I always laugh when I see Goering sized idiots on talk shows in their SS uniforms. I have a book on the SS that details the recruiting standards for the Waffen SS and they were very high. Just goes to illustrate yet another level of ignorance of the thing to which they profess allegiance.

My own thought on the NAZI party's (the real ones in the 1920-40's) prospects on longevity is that they never could have lasted past the death of Hitler anyway. That whole organization was an enormous cult of personality; solidified after the night of the long knives. When you have an organization that is sworn to and organized around one individual, it cannot survive (and I think sometimes it isn't supposed to due to the megalomania of the individual at the center) without that center personality. You can see that in the way Hitler pitted his organizations and their leaders against each other. This made everyone dependant on him and kept his lieutenants from ever gaining more power than he. The Soviet Union of Stalin may be one of the few that outlived its ego-maniacal leader. It will interesting to see what happens in Cuba when Castro kicks the bucket (will that guy never die?)

In American politics you had sort of the same phenomenon with the Reform party. I don't believe that was supposed to continue (and it didn't very successfully) when Ross Perot was not at its celestial center. No - I'm not comparing the NAZI's to the Reform Party. Thus the new paragraph just to emphasize the point.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Messages In This Thread
Americans for Hitler - by Walt's Daughter - 11-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Americans for Hitler - by CaptO - 01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Americans for Hitler - by Walt's Daughter - 01-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Americans for Hitler - by CaptO - 01-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Americans for Hitler - by Dogdaddy - 03-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Americans for Hitler - by roque_riojas - 03-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Americans for Hitler - by CaptO - 03-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Americans for Hitler - by civilwargal - 03-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Americans for Hitler - by Dogdaddy - 03-10-2008, 12:02 AM