Fallout from "The War"

:banghead::armata_PDT_19::banghead::machinegun:

I just have to "vent" you guys. One of the "people" :nuts: I work with (a member of the

Looney Left) is also watching the "The War". He just harangued me with:

"This is why we should never go to war...we are cavalier with young kids lives...

it only benefits the generals & those in power blahblahblah..." :argue:

Frankly, I know this individual and like most of these folks - he wouldn't give you

a sip of water if you were in Hell, but makes plenty of speeches about "the troops" (but

ALL it is - is noise!).

When I pointed out that we HAD to go to war against Nazi Germany & Japan - of course

he had nothing to say & changed the subject.

I was restrained, but what I really wanted to say was: GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR BUTT

YOU JACKASS!! :hit::cuss::banghead:

There are an awful lot of these folks around and growing every day (thanks to our

"educational" system and so-called "mainstream media"). Frankly, sometimes I think we are in REALLY

DEEP doo-doo. :armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_23:

m2 :fireyhair:

P.sS. Gee! :rolleyes: haven't I just brightened up your day with good cheer???

M2-- IF I WAS THERE WHEN HE SAID IT, HE WOULD BE IN THE HOSPITAL AND I

WOULD BE IN JAIL..RJR :machinegun:

BLESS you Rocky!! :armata_PDT_37::clappin:

We'd BOTH be in the klink and we'd hafta get M1 to bail us out. :help:

M2

Maryann, your absolutely right, too many people today just dont have a klue! :withstupid: I read some posts on the HC WWII forum that confirms your belief that we`re in deep doodoo. One poster ranted on & on about about being dissapointed because it wasnt presented the way he thought it should have been but says he turned it off after a few minutes ( episode 1) because he didnt like the music! Other posts said it was too boring to watch, or too racist, intentionaly ommitted this or that.. etc. Seems they can only view things in todays terms judging The War by how it would have been presented by todays news media or hollywierd movies. What? Burns doesnt make a political statement? Burns doesnt blame Bush? :banghead:

They really dont have a klue about what Ken Burns is teaching them about America before & during the war.

:::::stepping off podium:::::

Larry, you hit the nail on the head. Has "Hollyweird" produced one single solitary

film about the good things our Service men & women are doing in Iraq???

But there are PLENTY about how BAD the USA is. The Communist Broadcasting System et al

constantly spins everything against all that once was valued in America.

Bush is BAD, Castro is GOOD! America is BAD, the Palestinians are GOOD!

Brad and Angelina are FABULOUS, General Petrayus is BAD.

They're constantly on the hunt for any tiny thing they can find to use against ANY

person, institution, or event that represents moral values. The other day they were

all babbling on the morning shows that the Pope was euthanized. PULEAASE!

But people have been "dumbed down" and just accept this stuff without questioning.

Exactly as you say: "they don't have a clue about what Ken Burns is teaching them

about America before & during the war". My theory on this is that they DON'T WANT ANYONE

TO REMEMBER who America was & the calibre of the majority (not everybody) of her citizens.

Watching The War, this is what keeps occuring to me over & over. There's no person, country,

or institution that 's ever perfect, there are bad people in every time & place - but Americans

try hard to get it right. Those regular everyday citizens that went to war - of African, Italian,

Mexican, Polish, Jewish, Irish, French, Japanese , German, Russian etc heritage - were of

such character & strength that I don't know if we'll ever see their like again. They were

indeed the "Greatest Generation", in large part because of their Moms, Dads, sisters, Aunts,

and Uncles. People who "made do"and "did without" for others. The tried to act on

their PRINCIPLES (oh ! the HORROR!) and on DDAY they PRAYED (EGAD! Imagine that ??!).

m2

206thmpco;; You sure do have a way with words, "ALL GOOD!!" RJR

M2-- IF I WAS THERE WHEN HE SAID IT, HE WOULD BE IN THE HOSPITAL AND I

WOULD BE IN JAIL..RJR :machinegun:

Roque- you got a way with words too! That was a good one... and I know you meant every word :clappin::pdt34:

You know what I say? "Maybe if they'd put the smut magazine down and read about someone ordinary person who actually made a difference, they would feel differently."

I've found this true in most cases. If they put as much effort into appreciation as they do depriciation, they would look at the world through new eyes.

Brooke

BRAVO to all who posted above, and to those of you who didn't but are nodding their heads, YES! Brooke your final words are just precious; if they put as much effort into appreciation as they do depreciation, they would look at the world through new eyes. :armata_PDT_37:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I HAVE FOUR, (4), ANGELS,,ONE IN HEAVEN AND THREE (3), ON THIS WEBSITE.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. ROCKY

M2 Everytime I see mud I get a bad gut feeling. :banghead: