VI Corps Engineers 1941 Carolina Maneuvars

Woman, you make me shake my head in wonder! :wacko: Are you sure we aren't related? Geez oh Pete, every time I read another one of your posts I think, Oh my God, that's ME speaking. I SWEAR IT. :frown:

First off you are absolutely correct; that is Shakespeare. Here's the whole quote for all:

Sweet are the uses of adversity, Which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, Wears yet a precious jewel in his head; And this our life, exempt from human haunt, Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, Sermons in stones, and good in everything.

I already told you that I love your sense of humor, but I can also tell that you are intelligent and well-read. These things I really admire in a person. Be they male or female. A good head on one's shoulders is very cool in my book. :pdt34:

My mother used to say to me: "You're just like your father!" (Ha! Not always meant

as a compliment). I eventually had to admit she was right. I think I'm like my mother only by

training & like my father by nature. There's an element of intensity/ferocity that is our fuel -

for the passion you speak of.

Okay I have picked myself off my chair. My mother used to say that same exact thing to me ALL the time. And no, it wasn't always meant as a compliment. She even said it much later in life, and one time a few years ago before she passed on, she echoed that same sentiment in front of my husband, and this time he retorted, "Well I guess that's a real compliment Ann, because everything I've heard says Wally was a wonderful man." She didn't say a thing. I was so proud of my hubby. :love: Way to go babe!

My mother taught me many good things and I DO reflect them and am grateful that she did what she did, but I AM my father's daughter by spirit. We are both very outgoing, love to laugh, and are very, very passionate about all we do.

I am also a gardening nut. I occasionally display some of my flowers, etc., for all to see, and will share them with you in the Shooting the Breeze section later. My dad didn't garden, so I don't know where I got that from. Mom had a green thumb in the house, and had many beautiful plants inside, so I guess I just carried that out to the yard. :pdt12:

I was just 12 and a half, when my dad passed on. That was probably the worst day of my life. :(

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
VI Corps Engineers 1941 Carolina Maneuvars - by Walt's Daughter - 08-08-2007, 05:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XIX Corps Engineers Walt's Daughter 2 3,600 04-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Happy 240th Birthday US Army Corps of Engineers!! Walt's Daughter 2 3,942 06-17-2015, 04:37 AM
Last Post: colinhotham
  Interview Questions for VI Corps Engineers Walt's Daughter 1 6,291 02-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Last Post: mikel
  280th Engineer Combat Bn, 16th Corps, 3rd Army militaria7 1 3,682 09-04-2013, 09:38 AM
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 587,297 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
  Civilian Employees Corps of Engineers WWII? Walt's Daughter 2 4,333 06-19-2007, 09:27 AM
  Russ enjoys VI Corps slide show Walt's Daughter 0 2,293 07-14-2006, 05:41 PM
  Army Corps Engineers Veteran's Patch Walt's Daughter 7 445,944 04-24-2005, 01:06 AM