91 year old WWII Veteran

This is just sickening. It was on the news last evening and I just about gagged on my dinner. What a piece of sh*t that would do this to and elderly man, let alone a veteran.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story.aspx?...04-e6a4edc1f25d

As soon as I saw WXYZ, I knew it was from my old hometown. Sons-of-b's. It's sickening enough stealing from someone, but how much of a threat was a 91 year-old man. Must have made that so-and-so feel like a BIG MAN to do that. God help us. And to think all those people just stood around and watched. Pathetic apathy. Glad I moved the hell out of there...
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I opted not to watch the video, but I read the story. This is the type of thing that makes me sometimes feel like doing a "Taxi Driver" number on the vermin that inhabit the cities..I would personally volunteer to administer the lethal injection on that piece of s*%t!

Jim

I saw the video on Fox. Even worse than the brutality of the thing was the bystanders mulling around in the background and watching the entire episode :banghead:

I too, noticed the WXYZ, Marion. Detroit is such a good place to be FROM! Can,t say I miss much (except Tiger Stadium).

Chris

:armata_PDT_19: Attacking an 91 old man how sick must you be to do that? :banghead:

:armata_PDT_19: Attacking an 91 old man how sick must you be to do that? :banghead:

He must have had " a bad childhood" or something like that, and is in need of treatment! For this I would like to suggest..... :machinegun:

Jim

Police arrested Deonte Edward Bradley the following week. He is charged with carjacking and assault, both felonies. He faces up to life in prison.

i`d recommend life in Levonworth guarded by by a few MPs :armata_PDT_19:

Man bound over for trial in beating of 91-year-old

RELATED ARTICLE

BATTERED BUT GETTING BETTER: Detroiter, 91

Loved the follow up letters that were posted regarding the FREEP article. I too am outraged that the bigwigs like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton said nothing about this incident. Why? Well that's easy, but we won't get into that here...

I also agree with the letter that states that those who sit back and do nothing are JUST as guilty. Here, here! Shame on the lack of action to help this old veteran. Shame on those young people for their nonchalance on life. Wait and see what happens when someone accosts them and everyone including their friends turns their backs too. You reap what you sow, idiots. :machinegun:

Glad to hear that the vet is recovering and will be okay physically. How do you ever mentally recover from an incident like that?

I am delighted that they caught the piece-of-s--t and that he will be spending a VERY LONG time in jail. :banghead:

post-2-1180269756_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   bilde.jpg (Size: 11.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

W.T.F. ?!?!

He is charged with carjacking, which is punishable by up to life in prison, and assault with intent to do great bodily harm, punishable by up to 10 years.

Carjacking is punishible up to life, but assault with intent to do GREAT bodily harm is punishible only up to 10 years??!?!??!

W.T.F. ?!?!

Carjacking is punishible up to life, but assault with intent to do GREAT bodily harm is punishible only up to 10 years??!?!??!

Unfortunaly the punishment does not always fit the crime in this society. :armata_PDT_19: It is a sad commentary on what is wrong with a society that would basically condone or look the other way when something like this happens. The veterans fight for freedom is what gave this puke a right to walk on this earth.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veteran’s photos from last days of WWII make it to Smithsonian Walt's Daughter 0 3,439 01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Veteran stories Frank Gubbels 1 4,026 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  The Ardennes with a BRO Veteran Big Pete 9 13,175 07-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704