Can't say NAZI?

Well, I just found out that on some forums you are not allowed to type the word NAZI. Can you believe that? If you are typing anything like the word NAZI or anything else they deem "improper", the WORD FILTER covers your word with, POLITICAL WORD or BAD POLITICAL WORD. Utterly ridiculous.

Can you imagine this happening on a WWII forum? It's nonsense. One guy claims that he has to do that because of the search engines. Whatever, but you won't find that here.

The only thing I have filtered are some of the real naughty words. Obviously you don't want someone coming here and typing F--- Y--. You get my drift.

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. Sigh. What is this world coming too?

:banghead::wacko:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Instead of nazi why don't we say " Nationalsozialistische deutsche Arbeiter-Partei, "

then the search engine would choke before it could figure out it was the same thing.

papa Art

Oh my God, that is the best come back I've heard in a long time. Can we hear three cheers for Papa Art?

:pdt34::pdt34::pdt34::lol:

Marion J Chard

But wait, there's more. Here is the latest:

The reason is, I just don't like that word and that's all there is to it.

I don't even talk politics, not even Democrat or Republican.

It is just a personal thing, that is all.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can run their forums anyway they deem fit (it is a FREE society), but I just can't swallow that. I really try and stay away from politics on this site too, but this has nothing to do with current politics and who we elected for our congressman. Hilter's party was THE reason we were fighting a war in Europe. It was the reason you vets were over there.

The point below has some merit, but let's face it, anyone can type just about anything on your forum and the Google Bot (Search Engine) will pick it up.

If it has to do with anything it has to do with search engines picking up on the word. Anyone who understand how a search engine on the internet works will understand.

If I type the word SEX in this thread, the Google Engine will find it the next time it checks, but I think if anyone clicked on it and found this forum they'd be awfully disappointed! :lol::lol: If someone types the words birth control, I won't be too afraid of finding some nut on my site who likes to blow up health clinics. I think everyone gets my drift.

Plus, let's dispel that too by saying that moderators can control their forums and if a weirdo starts posting garbage on your site, you simply ban them. Obviously it would be nice to to keep out riff-raff from the beginning, but there are no guarantees out there.

So bottom line for me, Good grief Charlie Brown! :wacko:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art looted by Nazi's found in German Apartment Walt's Daughter 4 4,692 11-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  National Archives to House Infamous Nazi World War II Papers Walt's Daughter 0 2,206 08-30-2010, 10:01 AM
  Ex-Nazi Officer Gets Life for WWII Massacre CaptO 3 4,237 09-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Sea unearths Nazi bunkers hidden for more than 50 years ricklind 3 4,709 10-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Austrian government seeking two Nazi fugitives Walt's Daughter 0 1,955 10-03-2007, 09:21 PM
  the oradour-sur-glane experience:a nazi massacre sixgun 15 12,941 08-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Last Post: rennog
  Collection Details Nazi Persecution Walt's Daughter 0 1,853 04-11-2007, 03:46 PM
  Nations Move to Open Nazi Archives Walt's Daughter 0 1,629 03-22-2007, 09:22 AM