Battle of the Bulge

:pdt34::pdt34:

Marion

I did mean the bad things in Pandora's Box getting back into my head. Guess I'm vulnerable with the first anniversary of my "Tin Can Sailor Brother's" death and burial. Can't believe a year has passed since he passed.

Did you pick up on the question(s) I asked in my posting abount the man with the documents posting?

Was glad that rennog bore me out on my story but there is still another phase you(and I'm speaking generally not specifically) did not pick up on.

Sgtleo

:pdt::pdt::pdt:

Marion - See what you did to our heads by bringing up the past:-

A Today's View of the WW II BTDTs:-

The other day, I happened by chance,

As I passed a mirror,to give it a glance,

And I wondered who that old man could be,

Who, with his mouth open wide, was looking at me.

His bald head was sprinkled with a little grey fuzz,

And he wasn't at all handsome (like I always was),

He looked like a sack of mismatched parts,

Put together without aid of instruction or charts.

And while I know that my shoulders don't slump,

This person's were misshapen in one ugly hump !!

Now, If that was my image, I only can say,

They don't make mirrors like they did in my day.

Sgtleo - Ancient order of BTDTs :zelda:

:lol: Sgtleo, I read your thread so I went to the bedroom and looked in the mirror, and guess what ! The mirror answered back and said, DON'T YOU EVER DIE !!! That's a roger. Wilco,out. RJR :lol:

Marion

I did mean the bad things in Pandora's Box getting back into my head. Guess I'm vulnerable with the first anniversary of my "Tin Can Sailor Brother's" death and burial. Can't believe a year has passed since he passed.

Did you pick up on the question(s) I asked in my posting abount the man with the documents posting?

Was glad that rennog bore me out on my story but there is still another phase you(and I'm speaking generally not specifically) did not pick up on.

Sgtleo

Hi Sarge:

I'm not surprised if I have missed a few things this past week. Got the bug from my hubby. He got sick two days after Christmas, then I got it four days later. So I haven't been online much at all and have hardly answered my email. Backlogged...

My heart goes out to you regarding your brother. A sad event. :(:(

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Sgtleo,

I am so sad and my heart in tears for you :( . For the loss of your brother love :heartpump:

with all my affection

Veronique

:heartpump::heartpump:

Jusy got a timely and appropriate PM from Dogdaddy which I truly appreciated.

To get out of the maudlin,

I mentioned above in that account of the Wehrmacht Soldier I would explain something later if and when NOBODY picked up on and questioned the almost immediate departure on that "Kraut" to the UK and then the USA.

Ever hear of the OSS!!!

Sneaky little Irish man ain't I!!

Have another you may be able to use but my chin is still in my boots about my brother with whom I was very close even though he was a "Navy Lifer". A Lousy time of year for me.

Bah Humbug(LOL) got to fool or I'll cry.

Sgtleo

Well this is the first anniversary of the death of my mom this month. :(

Yes, one must maintain their sense of humor to get past the tears huh. It is great that you were close though. :heartpump: Always a nice thing to hear about.

Mom and I hadn't been that close in recent years. She was a very stubborn lady (God bless her), and she wound up putting up a lot of road blocks to her heart (well at least with me). A shame, but I guess that is life. Anyway, this is not the time or place for me to rant on... I truly hope that she is finally happy though. That would please my heart!

God bless you through your tough time. ;)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Verow:-

Comme toujours "Mille Merci pour votre pensee"!!

A bientot - Je suis de service maintenant!!

Sgtleo :pdt12:

comme toujours sgtleo comme toujours : mais s'il vous plait faite attention a vous ne vous fatiguez pas trop :angry: ordre du doc veronique :argue:

avec toute mon affection verow :heartpump:

Sgleo-Marion; I will keep you company in your sadness.

AS you know I am going through the same right this minute. I am glad the holidays are over. Christmas was just another day. Went to church but I could'nt stay for the service, New years day just stayed home. Looked at the picture of Elizabeth and the ceiling suddenly sprung a leak. But WE ALL have memories. Roque.------Oct. 9,2006

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gliding into battle. colinhotham 12 16,052 10-15-2016, 11:45 AM
Last Post: buk2112
  Battle of the Bulge Memories Walt's Daughter 1 3,598 10-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Battle of Malmedy Walt's Daughter 0 2,802 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Battle for Bastogne 1944 sixgun 1 3,759 03-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Last Post: rennog
  691st Tank Destroyer Bn - France to the Bulge afc7883 11 13,864 07-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  BELGIANS DESCRIBE BATTLE OF THE BULGE Walt's Daughter 0 3,066 07-25-2009, 09:05 AM
  Battle of the Bulge Dedication Walt's Daughter 0 2,586 09-06-2006, 04:57 PM