Bonhoeffer

I myself have not seen this yet, but have read the posts of others who have.

http://www.bonhoeffer.com/

BONHOEFFER is a 93-minute documentary film that tells the dramatic story of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, the young German theologian who offered one of the first clear voices of resistance to Adolf Hitler. Bonhoeffer openly challenged his church to stand with the Jews in their time of need, and eventually joined his family in the plots to kill Hitler. His books, Cost of Discipleship, Letters and Papers from Prison, and Ethics, were written during the struggle and are considered classics in the world of religion and ethics.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

This is one I would very much like to see.. There were some very courageous young people in Germany who spoke out against Hitler. :pdt34::pdt34::pdt34:

Jim :woof:

I myself have not seen this yet, but have read the posts of others who have.

http://www.bonhoeffer.com/

BONHOEFFER is a 93-minute documentary film that tells the dramatic story of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, the young German theologian who offered one of the first clear voices of resistance to Adolf Hitler. Bonhoeffer openly challenged his church to stand with the Jews in their time of need, and eventually joined his family in the plots to kill Hitler. His books, Cost of Discipleship, Letters and Papers from Prison, and Ethics, were written during the struggle and are considered classics in the world of religion and ethics.

I ordered this one from Amazon.com and I don't know what to say about it. I will have to watch it again, as it seemed rather disjointed to me after the first viewing. Marion..will be happy to loan it to you if you wish :0)

DD :woof:

Sounds good to me. Thanks for your offer once again.
Marion J Chard

Sounds good to me. Thanks for your offer once again.

Putting it in the mail for you tomorrow...along with a 4-DVD set for you and Lee to keep, called "The Big Battles". They fooled me this time and repackaged the same set in a different box! :lol::lol::lol: I really enjoyed this collection of battle footage though, so I'm happy to pass it on to you. :drinkin:

Man, I love it when you order things that you already had and didn't know. :lol::lol: Keep making those mistakes! :lol::lol:

Seriously, that is very cool and we are very grateful. You have been more than kind and it won't be forgotten. I just hope I can return the favor someday. ;)

I figure I owe you a couple of prime rib dinners and a fine bottle of wine by now...

Marion J Chard

Thanks for the thought, but there is no debt owed.../I appreciate all you do for Veterans and that's plenty of thanks! ;)

Well okay, but... If we ever get to meet I AM buying a couple of rounds at least and you can't stop me, so there. :lol:
Marion J Chard

Jim:

Lee and I send thanks for the DVD. We both enjoyed it and learned a lot from it too. Am sending it back to you today. Please let me know when it arrives safely.

Appreciately,

M

Marion J Chard

Lee and I send thanks for the DVD. We both enjoyed it and learned a lot from it too. Am sending it back to you today. Please let me know when it arrives safely.

Appreciately,

M

Hello Marion!

It arrived today, Thanks! I forgot that I even loaned it! :armata_PDT_23: I hope you enjoy the other set too, and that one's a keeper.