Our first woman - Gretchen L Hovis

I'm proud to feature our VERY FIRST WOMAN on our site, a dear friend of mine, Gretchen Hovis.

I met Gretchen and her pal "Mac" through my mother-in-law about a dozen or so years ago. I used to go to their house and help them with their computer.

Gretch and Mac are extraordinary ladies, and have many hobbies and interests (including computers), and are very active and a lot of fun. Let's just say that a lot of 40 year-olds couldn't compete! :drinkin:

When I moved from the Detroit area, we kept in contact through cards and email, but it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I found out while talking about my dad and our site, that Gretch was overseas with the 50th General Hospital in France. Of course I was excited to hear about her experiences, so she promised me that she would send some stuff my way. Sure enough, I received a package yesterday, containing a booklet she had put together, complete with photographs.

I was eager to get the page on web site, so spent a good part of my day working to get this accomplished. I hope you will enjoy reading it.

As I said, it's great to have our FIRST WOMAN FEATURED. A very warm welcome Gretch! You are even more extraordinary than I thought! :pdt34:

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/Gre...etchenHovis.htm

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

The photos tell a great story. I enjoyed her tongue-in-cheek comments on the photos.

Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Santa Rosa woman helps honor bomber crew 70 years later Walt's Daughter 0 2,568 11-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter