Roland Schulte - 631st Engineer

Received this from my friend Barbara. My heart goes out to you dear. I know how hard it is. God bless your dear father. Please take care and know that my heart, tears and thoughts are with you this day and always...

I just wanted to let you know that Daddy has passed away. He went to be with God at 9:10 PM Sunday Nov. 12. He had a massive heart attack Monday night and after being gone for 17 minutes he came back and three more times during the week he left and came back. He died with all of us at his bedside, holding my Mom's hand (June Schulte). We will miss him terribly. He will now be reunited with his buddies from the 1st Equipment Platoon of the 631st Engineers Light Company.

Daddy was 89 years old and a very proud Veteran. He will be buried in The Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis MO. with a Military funeral he richly deserves. He will be at Kutis Funeral Home 10151 Gravois St. Louis, MO 63123 Thursday Nov. 16 from PM until PM and his Burial will be at the Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery Friday with full Military Honors....time unknown right now as it has to be coordinated between the funeral home and the cemetery. On Monday the Charless Home on South Broadway where he and Mom resided is having a Memorial Service in the Chapel and they want me to sing the "Our Father" which was Pop's favorite Hymn. I am going to do my darndest not to cry and mess it up.......I want him to hear me loud and strong for him and make him proud.

I am not sure if Gene Fiducia is still alive or not as I have somehow lost his address but if you could let him and any others who may have known him, know, we would appreciate it. Thanks so much. Continued Blessings to you and all involved with your website and those who so valiantly serve and have served our Country.

Love-Barbara Grofe (Schulte) bereaved daughter of Roland Schulte

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Just received this beautiful letter from Barbara:

Thank you SO much for your kind thoughts, beautiful prayers, support, encouragement and for being there for me and my family during this difficult time of the loss of my Dad. You will never know how much it means to all of us...but especially to me. Daddy would love that all of you cared enough about us and him to send such beautiful comfort to us and Blessings for him and us.

I cherish each and everyone of you and hope that God Blesses you and yours abundantly as He has me.

Love-Barb Grofe (daughter of the late Roland Schulte)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Gene Fiducia - 631st Eng Light Equip Co Walt's Daughter 0 2,613 03-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter